Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Cut In Today
12-23-2011, 03:02 PM,
First Cut In Today
So I am officially a wearer! All my fears were for nothing as it came out great, while she was cutting I actually looked like my high school yearbook photo at one point, and that was 20 plus years ago. When I left salon I had spiked up front that looked awesome, went to bar and conjured up nerve to ask strangers how my hair looked and asked them if they could tell I was wearing, they all said absolutely not. Walked around NYC without a baseball cap for the first time in 15 years! Now the but.........I had to meet up with people I work with when I got home and put cap back on, now when I took it off when I got home it smooshed down the hair and has the wiggy look, it's late and don't want to mess with it tonight but want to wet it in the morning. Question is she used no product when she styled it just water, but when I wet hands and run through still looks wiggy. Any one got some quick tips to get the wiggy look gone after the initial styling? So wish I took pics when first done cause it did look awesome. So gotta try to fix before I post my pics. Help again guys lol. Thanks
12-23-2011, 05:59 PM,
RE: First Cut In Today
(12-23-2011, 03:02 PM)EricInNY Wrote: So I am officially a wearer! All my fears were for nothing as it came out great, while she was cutting I actually looked like my high school yearbook photo at one point, and that was 20 plus years ago. When I left salon I had spiked up front that looked awesome, went to bar and conjured up nerve to ask strangers how my hair looked and asked them if they could tell I was wearing, they all said absolutely not. Walked around NYC without a baseball cap for the first time in 15 years! Now the but.........I had to meet up with people I work with when I got home and put cap back on, now when I took it off when I got home it smooshed down the hair and has the wiggy look, it's late and don't want to mess with it tonight but want to wet it in the morning. Question is she used no product when she styled it just water, but when I wet hands and run through still looks wiggy. Any one got some quick tips to get the wiggy look gone after the initial styling? So wish I took pics when first done cause it did look awesome. So gotta try to fix before I post my pics. Help again guys lol. Thanks

That's normal. It will take the hair a couple of weeks and a couple of washings to settle down. The wiggy look should go away.
12-23-2011, 06:18 PM,
You've just got to start learning how to do your hair again, after all these years!
You start your learning curve right here my friend!
There are lots of tutorial on styling hair on Youtube.
Here's one that might help, but some of the styling products might not be suitable.
Do a search & see what you can find:
http://youtu.be/Y3KDEbpSHdI

I'm surprised she got a spiky look using JUST water. You may have to resort to a light product to achieve the same results.
I imagine she used her fingers more than a comb or brush?
I find sleeping on slightly damp hair gives me an extremely spiky hair by the morning!

Well done though.
Congratulations and the best of luck.
12-23-2011, 06:30 PM,
Great feeling i know how you feel , i had about 15 years under a cap. Good for you ,it will open up new doors. Excellent..
12-23-2011, 07:52 PM,
Welcome to the club.You`ll be tipping and tapping at the hair for a while now and won`t be able to pass a mirror or shop window,trust me ! All new systems look wiggy and have `bounce`..it`ll settle after a while and after washing. Use a little Brylcreem to help retain moisture and `tame`it a bit.... use it sparingly or you`ll defeat the purpose and look like a grease ball....as the system is new, just use some on the tips ....spread it onto hands/fingers and just `pull`[gently] little tufts of hair..that will help style it and gives a nice overall look....mist it with water too.. I often mist mine more than once a day....happy wearing !
12-23-2011, 10:32 PM,
What brylcreem do you use is it the old style in the red tub?
12-24-2011, 01:02 AM,
Yeah that`s the one .. I`m told it`s in a tube in USA.
I did a post on it here recently: http://www.forum.toplace.com/showthread....=brylcreem
12-24-2011, 02:53 AM,
I just woke up and have a new question lol, My bed head looks very wiggy. I know you guys said that will calm down so not too worried bout that, but do you guys "feel" the piece on your head? Hard to describe but feels like I can just shake my head and throw the piece off of it. Like I feel it on my head. Is this normal?
12-24-2011, 03:06 AM,
do you mean that your bonding is not secure anymore?
12-24-2011, 03:16 AM,
It kind of feels like that but when I run my finger around perimeter it is down, but I can feel the lace where it meets my real hair. Just a weird feeling I have right now. When I got the cut in she used tape for perimeter and glue for the front. I made a follow up appt for a hair cut and first removal in 2 weeks so hope it is not lifting already.