Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Cut In Today
12-24-2011, 02:15 PM,
RE: First Cut In Today
To All- thanks so much, appreciate all your comments, would never have taken the plunge if not for everyone on this forum. Found this site just 2 months ago and soooo glad I found you all! Just wish was sooner lol.

P.S. Don't anyone go anywhere cause I'm gonna need you all for de-bond and attaching when I go solo Smile

To all on here Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Drew- I know nothing about transplants, heard too many horror stories about them and have never considered them. If you haven't done so already check out the newbie thread, tons of great after pictures on there as well as through these threads.
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM,
RE: First Cut In Today
Drew100... the other side of the coin is on the new thread there titled `Wearing ruined my life` to which I`ve replied... it`s a dilemma that guys your age face......if I was in your shoes, there`s no way would I take those products as they can have negative side-effects as has been well-discussed here on other threads, nor would I go for expensive `invasive`procedures....guys have also posted on here regarding scarring and other issues related to these procedures.....wearing has it`s own issues but for cost and ease of `reverting`to normal with no side-effects, it`s the route I`d recommend to young guys...if you don`t like wearing or find it too problematic, just leave it off and no harm done. It`s a very tough decision for many guys...wearing isn`t perfect and I don`t think it ever will be--the only thing which is `perfect`is having all your own hair......sadly as yet, there`s no way of hanging onto it if you have that `gene`....so have a good think about it.
Eric.... my advise is `little is best`...it`s easy to get carried away and kind of treat your new hair as if you`re back in the days when you had all your own hair and treat the system accordingly.... I find a little TLC is best with them.....a little amount of shampoo [ infrequently] and little amounts of styling/care products is best....even growing hair can look tired if too much of anything is applied.... a sensible approach to develop a regular de/re bond routine, daily misting with water and a gentle brush/styling and a good leave-in conditioner or SMALL amount of pomade such as Brylcreem [ teaspoon sized amount] ....dryness is your main enemy with system hair......too much washing/shampooing will lead to colour-lift and dryness.... Shampoos and conditioners need to be sulfate-free with a low PH value.... also, not all `alcohols`in products are big no-no`s ....look out for ``De-natured`alcohol on the ingredients list..that`s the main one to avoid. I occasionally use ``Activ`` High gloss spray..it`s in the first kit-bag here http://www.gfh-hair.de/english/hair_care_sets.html It`s got silicone in it. I originally got it in a salon in Dublin and have yet to buy on-line from them...... I e mailed them recently [they are a German system-maker and they sell these care products] about another conditioner and got no reply ! I`m sure similar products are probably available in many countries...as long as they are formulated for system hair is the main thing. The silicone really gives shine and keeps the hair tangle-free...I don`t over-use it though....it can give an artificial shine if used too much..as I said ....with many hair products less is best.....it`s easy to get carried away in our quest to keep the hair looking good but you can end up shooting yourself in the foot !