Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency
05-08-2011, 05:59 AM,
RE: Emergency
You are right Fred.. I don't think that stuff is too gentle.
I will try the bubble wrap next time Henry...but where can I find it?

again thanks x and Paul, the citrus thing worked a lot better than the alcohol I was using and it was only 3 dls.

Next prject will b thining the hairline a little more...

It has been about a little less than a month wearing... it gets easier every week I am happy with the results.
05-08-2011, 06:52 AM,
Hi Mr Hair.... the citrus is really great for getting the residue off the skin...I`d go `easy` when it comes to lace.. rather than spray it on heavily, I`d just use maybe a cotton pad soaked with it to dab off the residue, rather than soaking the lace in it---- using lace-release properly should help ensure most of the residue is on the scalp rather than the lace....... you can get Bubble wrap in any decent stationary supplies place ..it`s just the stuff they use in padded envelopes to protects items..you can buy rolls of it for wrapping items...... shops often have bins full of it from packing cases/ boxes which deliveries arrive in.....you could simply ask a shop can you have some which they are throwing out...... glad you`re happy with the wearing so far.... you`re over the highest hurdle now...... Paul.
05-09-2011, 02:02 PM,
I agree desolvit is great, I use one called "sticky stuff"...I use a generous amount, squiriting it on the underside of the base, then letting it soak for about an hour. Does the job,

I get my bubble wrap from a stationary store, don't get the one with big or too small bubbles, the normal medium size seem to do the best job for grabbing onto the glue.
05-10-2011, 02:32 AM,
Let it soak for about an hour..... I only allowed 5 minutes cause I was scared, I thought it was going to "disolve'' the lace lol
Just like Tim I also used a lot of it and the piece looks okay.
05-10-2011, 12:24 PM,
What section would De-solv-it be at in Walmart? I might try it if it is save on the lace, one product that is extremly harsh on hair I have found from experience is easy off, not the the same brand that cleans stoves but probably similar, it is sold on some hair supply sites.
05-10-2011, 10:03 PM,
Home cleaning products, It was a little difficult to find because the bottle is kind of small, I think it's a good idea to ask an employee to help u find it.
05-12-2011, 03:52 PM,
This high temperatures in Chicago are defeating the Ultra Hold glue, Gotta try super tape.... hopefully that will make the thing completelly attached to my head... damnnnn its not even summer yet.
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM,
Hi Mr. Hair.... high temperatures can [obviously] lead to yourself being more prone to elevated levels of perspiration.....the combination of moisture and heat can affect bonds....try using `scalp protector` [it`s on Debbie`s site] to lay down a `base`/foundation...it`s for oily scalps or where high humidity is an issue. Some people find supertape can irritate the skin so just keep an eye on that if you decide to use it.....I wonder would `Ghost bond` work better? It can be a trial and error thing at first..so many things can affect a bond, individual body physiology and local weather conditions..... hopefully you`ll overcome this ...regards, Paul.
05-19-2011, 03:28 PM,
LOL I was at the mall and went to drink some water at water fountain, they had just cleaned it with sum citrus cleaner that smells like ''desolve-it'' for a minute I thought I was in my bathroom cleaning my piece, I think its funny