Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency
05-07-2011, 05:00 AM,
Emergency
did a complete UltraHold atachment I am going to detach tonight but I dont have any product to clean the lace, HD did not send me the citrus product I ordered. Is there anything that will clean the lace at walmart or any local store?

I had been using alcohol but want to know if there is something stronger I can buy at a local store?
05-07-2011, 06:20 AM,
RE: Emergency
I assume you have lace-release? Just spray that through the lace onto the glue .....allow plenty time to penetrate/work [at least 2/3 mins] That should leave most of the glue residue on your scalp rather than on the lace. You could try Surgical spirit [alcohol ]from a pharmacy but keep it off the hair if at all possible ... sounds like you already have alcohol anyway ..... hopefully there won`t be a lot on the lace.......you don`t have to get it like, squeaky -clean as such....hopefully your citrus product will arrive soon.....regards, Paul.
05-07-2011, 06:27 AM,
can I use gasoline on the lace?
05-07-2011, 06:35 AM,
get a product called desolveit. Or some kind of glue remover like that. I think they sell them in stores. check websites or get a phone number of stores local to you and ask if they have "desolve it. "
05-07-2011, 06:57 AM,
I posted this link this morning on the thread regarding Debbie`s products.....so if it helps....have a look at it here so you`ll know what it looks like.....
http://www.dtep.com/ds22608.htm
05-07-2011, 08:36 AM,
thankz X, thankz Paul...goin to look for this products whe I get off work, I will let u know the results.

Another question... in your opinion what is the best tape, the strongest one... I want try and see if I can get a 3 week attachment.
05-07-2011, 09:25 AM,
I only use Sensitac [red roll] as I do a nightly de-bond. I have other tapes in storage but haven`t used them yet...... have a look at Debbie`s site ....there`s a description of the tapes/strengths..... some people have reported skin irritation from Supertape, then again, others get on fine with it.... you could try Walker no shine or Blue lace ...they are quite strong[ rating 9-10] apparently a 3-week bond can be achieved with Blue lace http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com .... Paul.
05-07-2011, 11:19 AM,
guys found De-solv-it @ walmart...says its 100% organic so it should no be too harsh on the lace, thanks for the suggestion
05-08-2011, 01:37 AM,
(05-07-2011, 11:19 AM)Mr.Hair Wrote: guys found De-solv-it @ walmart...says its 100% organic so it should no be too harsh on the lace, thanks for the suggestion

Organic does not have to = gentle.
Some of the most toxic substances known to man are "organic"

Remember that all those "citrus base" solvents really strip oil and that means out of your skin also. That's why they are so good as cleaners for oil and greasy stains

Smile
Fred
05-08-2011, 03:34 AM,
I keep saying it, get some bubble wrap! bubble wrap slide beats anything else I've tried, especially to get rid of glue residue.