Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk list of cutting in stylists?
08-22-2010, 05:31 AM,
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists?
reff the spikey look, i'd like the option to push it forward or slick back.
where do you lot order youre tapes &glues from uk supplier or?
are the supplies sent in plane pkts dont want the postie thinking, oooo errr
08-22-2010, 07:38 AM,
Open the Toplace homepage. Click on `` How to order``. When the page loads, there are 3 options at the top -left. Under option 3 is a link to Debbie`s site --she is the recommended supplier for tape, glue etc. All products are shipped in plain polythene envelopes
08-22-2010, 08:37 AM,
cheeers looking forward to a new life with new hair
09-06-2010, 09:38 PM,
(08-22-2010, 07:38 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Open the Toplace homepage. Click on `` How to order``. When the page loads, there are 3 options at the top -left. Under option 3 is a link to Debbie`s site --she is the recommended supplier for tape, glue etc. All products are shipped in plain polythene envelopes

feeling alot happier now,just rang joan from a little hairsystems company.
got the number from here.
about 20 miles from me whitley bay.
shes going to do a consult tommorow.£20.00
and a cut in and bond £50.00
about 400% cheaper than youre hight street system prices.

feel as though i ca get things moving.
after the consult i'll have a better idea as to density ect.
best of all not paying the earth for a cutin and bond.
i'd be happy to share the web site and no,on request.
or post it up here, if the forum rules allow.
09-06-2010, 11:03 PM,
Hi antywanty -- that`s great as it will help ease your mind and get good advice on formulating your order, and it`s only a short distance from home too. That price is quite reasonable --it`s as good a deal as you are likely to get. There are no issues with posting a stylists contact details etc. but might be an idea to ``run it past`` her first....... I`m sure she`d be happy with the free publicity though! It`s a relief when you manage to find a competent person to do your first bond etc.
I saw your link on the other post yesterday of the video of the guy doing his attachment -- have seen it before....... some of those tutorials are very helpful and I would advise anyone considering wearing to have a look on `Youtube` as there are quite a few on there and they are worth looking at.
Let us know how your consult went. Regards, Paul.
09-08-2010, 06:28 AM,
well consult,went very well, found the salon very easy with google maps, and directions of owner on the phone, anyways onto the consult.
she rekons sfslace is old technology so yesterday.
i'd be better of with a skin system.(here we go skin v lace school)
skin is easier to clean than, lace.but as to venting breathability?
and the glues seeps through the lace into the hair.(well hell that why you learn to clean youre system)theres not much hold with tapes,( she suggested glue.
shes been in the business fo over 20 years.
dont shoot me down in flames, im just going on what i remember.

and yes i truly respect you lot are the experts, god i havent even worn yett.
im further confused now.
im sure Super Fine Swiss Lace is bloody great , but is it really yesterdays technology?
what about the front hairline (im talking a topper here)
my specs after consult :
LIGHT DENSITY
COLOUR MED BROWN WITH 40% GREY
SLIGHT WAVE.
colour matching could be akward as uk colour charts hair, are diffrent to us.
total for skin system would be £200. inc bonding and cut in.
im gonna try to get j to join the forum(thats the hairdresser)
09-08-2010, 07:46 AM,
I can understand how you`d be confused. Remember, you`re the boss --it`s your choice on what to order ---she`s the stylist. I certainly disagree that SFS is a has-been material. It`s really down to the fact that ANY base material will have it`s advantages/ disadvantages, and it`s a matter of deciding on which one is easiest for yourself to work with --it`s you`ll be wearing it, not her. I reckon the suggestion of getting grey would be very advisable in your case. As to glue seeping through the lace and onto the hair -- I suppose that may be possible if the system is left on for a prolonged period and the glue begins to break down due to heat /perspiration etc. [ I used to get it `weeping`down onto my own hair at the back when wearing all -poly bases, after 3 weeks of a bond in hot weather -- yuk! ] To avoid that, just keep ``an eye``on it, and do a regular de-bond. As you saw, I have already covered the merits and de -merits of all -poly systems in the ``Videos from Norway`` thread....... lace is excellent for allowing your scalp to breath and stay healthy while wearing.You could also consider a system similar to mine [ bearing in mind that you will only be needing about half as much coverage as I do] but you could consider a poly perimeter for ease of cleaning and attachment, and you still have the lace front hairline. I like the poly as, no matter what you chose to bond it to your scalp with, it sticks without any issues and is just so easy to clean. Mine is 1 inch width but you can order half or three -quarter inch width ---I was really pleased with how thin this perimeter is compared to the all -poly systems I have worn before --- I can assure you, if you do a full -perimeter bond, the poly is just as undetectable to the touch [in my view ] as an all -lace system. What I especially like about the poly is that I can position the system correctly, then just fold up the back part and put the glue onto the poly --- after a few minutes, I just sit it down again and bingo --it`s adhered to the skin and no excess onto my own hair --or in the case of an all - lace system, if you put the glue onto the scalp first, then you put the system down onto the glue, if you`re not pretty accurate, you can have some of the system hair stuck to the glue, especially as a new wearer, until you get used to it, and you`re using de-bonder to free the stuck hair..... I just wouldn`t have the time or patience for that. I`m a big fan of the poly perimeter just for the ease of attachments and fast clean -up. The rest of the system being lace, gives a lot of benefits in allowing the skin to breathe and gives great realism at the front hairline. I`d go with her opinion as to the density too --she`d have an eye for that so that`s good. Ultimately, it`s your choice what to order ....she`s jsut styling it for you and at least you have the assurance that she can shave the thin hair and do the attachment for you too. Did she say to shave back to where I advised you some time ago ? i.e. back beyond that dotted line you had on the pic you posted ? There`s no need for confusion really --- it`s just a matter of weighing up the pros and cons of particular materials and deciding on what`s best for your own needs. You said you are going to order 2 systems first --well why not consider and all -lace for one, and a lace/poly perimeter for the other and then you can decide for the following order, down the road, on which was the easier of the two, to work with....... at least you`ll have been able to compare the two. I got a phone call yesterday from a person who was in my area and who I hadn`t seen for over a year [an ex work colleague ] Anyway, they said they were about 20 minutes away by car and was it ok to drop in for a cuppa and a chat ---of course I was pleased and said `` Yeah fine --drop by`` . I was out working in the garden at the time and only had on a baseball cap on top of an old system, which was just perched on my head without any glue/tape. I just came in, popped them off, grabbed my `` good`` system, just put my 3 strips of tape onto the poly, sat it on my head and a few little dabs of glue on the front bit, and I had a light and quick bond done ----- all ready to greet my guest 15 minutes later !! That`s how easy it can be when you`re used to it --- honestly, there is so much `bull` and mystery [mainly put out there by Salons ] attached to wearing, that people considering wearing are really apprehensive about it, especially the thought of `DIY`, when it really is not that tricky at all -- if I can do it, anyone can !!
Cheers, Paul.
09-08-2010, 08:13 AM,
can i just say a huge thankyou for this post. what a comfort.
im looking forward to wearing,i saw my first hair systems today @ the salon, sfsl&skin, and i think poly.lol its all so confusing,
i feel kinda liberated, or will do when i can move on to, my hair system,
iv bee using concealer for 7-8 yrs, and was great when i had density, dont get me wrong, concealer gave me 7 years and bought me time, for that i am eternely greatfull.
but conditions change , and i must change,
why live a life looking less than you are, why live a life of constantly looking @ people with hair thinking, its unfair, yes it is, but theres something you can do about it, now that!!!!! thats!!!!- the bloody comfort thats the buzz,!!! thats the, i dunno its like having time turned back 10-20 years.its preciouces, its saying there you go, theres youre hair now bloody get out there and live youre life.
gonna mull over youre suggestion paul on poly, ect
cheers.anth
09-08-2010, 07:55 PM,
Glad that helps... just one other thing to bear in mind. The Toplace densities are a little different to other `standard`systems. 55% on Toplace is 70% on `others`, and 50 % = 65% on `others`, so just bear that in mind when ordering. Paul.
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM,
im thinking about getting my first system from the salon.£200 includes:cutting in & bonding,
but before that, you gave me something else to think about, poly sides- and lace front.
shame there wasent a uk -us colour or density conversion,but that would be pretty complex.and prob unworkable.least with http://www.f-h-s.co.uk/index.html
uploaded with permmision from the salon owner)i dont have to do a first time template, least of my worries.
i rekon as you stated in the earlier post , find youre way with a salon, then once you know the ropes,i'll eventually attach detach myself.just waiting on money for my first systems.
idealy i want 2,one to wear one to wear whilst i wash my system.
the hairdresser rekoned that shes seen a system recked in 3 weeks, the more you mess around with them,but if you really look after emm and are gentle, they could last 6+months
dare i say it at a real stretch a12m, skin base?
i rekon its worth it, having hair +glues tapes ect would average about £40 month say £480+ over a years pretty cheap for the confidence of having hair, look @ how much woman spend on themselves.
antySmile