Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uk list of cutting in stylists?
08-20-2010, 09:24 AM,
uk list of cutting in stylists?
iv searched the forums, prior to this new post.
are there any current users who can provide a list of cutting in stylists for hair systems in the uk?
08-20-2010, 06:48 PM,
RE: uk list of cutting in stylists?
Hello antywanty. I have seen stylists mentioned here in the past, for UK. If you don`t get replies on here, e mail John and i`m sure he will have the details........ I am waiting on a reply from him to an e mail I sent a few days ago....... I think he is tied up with Toplace -related work at the moment, and may be away from his PC, so bear with him if you mail him-- cheers, Paul.
08-20-2010, 09:19 PM,
(08-20-2010, 06:48 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hello antywanty. I have seen stylists mentioned here in the past, for UK. If you don`t get replies on here, e mail John and i`m sure he will have the details........ I am waiting on a reply from him to an e mail I sent a few days ago....... I think he is tied up with Toplace -related work at the moment, and may be away from his PC, so bear with him if you mail him-- cheers, Paul.

just wondering what price should i be paying for a cut in, offcourse once you mention its a hair system i'll bet the price shoots up.
as mentioned on the forums theres not a lot of diffrence to cutting system hair than non system hair ,but just as the hair clubs will have you beleive attachment removal mantainence is terribly complex,unscrupulous hairdressers wil exploit this and say , ohh dear hair system terribly complex. pound dollar signs infront of there eyes.
there is a hairdresser who works for white cliffs hair studios seid she would do a cut in.
why should a cut in be any diffrent from a regular cut
things need to change
08-20-2010, 11:32 PM,
Yeah -- I saw a post from someone in Ireland here recently complaining of having to travel to Dublin and being `robbed` of 150 Euros !! I mentioned in my recent post [New Toplace system, before & after pics ] that my latest cut -in was only 20 Euros. I totally agree with your observation that there is essentially no difference from styling a system, to a person with a full head of growing hair --- only difference is, one lot is growing from the scalp, and the other is simply sitting on, basically, an artificial scalp -- don`t be ripped off people !! I was very fortunate to have found a stylist very near to where I live ---- there is a place in Cork city [about 15 miles away ] and they train stylists. I phoned them before and enquired --they said they would be agreeable to do a cut -in for me, but as it turned out, I went to this local salon, showed the owner the system , and asked if she`d oblige me with a cut -in....... she agreed to, and I was very happy with the result........ may I suggest to anyone reading this, and who is `stuck`for a stylist , to simply go knock on doors and make approaches in person rather than on the phone ---- it`s often harder for a person to refuse you in a face-to face encounter, than on an an impersonal /anonymous phone call. I think my stylist actually enjoys doing the systems now --gets a bit of a buzz out of how it looks !!! Paul.
08-21-2010, 05:03 AM,
cheersa for the reply paul, very nice post.
im planning on my first ever system soon, god it'll be such a change from using concealer.
i rekon that im a great disguise artist, so making the transition should be similar but prob easier than using concealer.
no more dreading washing my hair, and trying to style it ,
theres more chance now of folk spotting my concealer than ever spotting a system,
i'll be ordering a topper when i do order.
iv got naturally frizzy wirey hair,which looks straight at the sides and back as it s short. can i order straight hair with a slight wave.
would be fantastic to not have the damp weather or rain heat ,spoil it if its naturally straight anyway it should return to its naturall state when damp or in moist enviroment which would be straight.looking forward to a total change.
08-21-2010, 07:37 AM,
Hello again antywanty, Have you clicked on the ``Style options`` tab on the homepage ? Scroll right down to the bottom and there are diagrams showing what each style looks like from almost straight to very frizzy -- you should be able to decide on what would best to blend in with your own from that ---- it`s hard to be more definite without seeing a pic of your existing hair --hope that helps.... Paul.
08-21-2010, 09:36 AM,
(08-21-2010, 07:37 AM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hello again antywanty, Have you clicked on the ``Style options`` tab on the homepage ? Scroll right down to the bottom and there are diagrams showing what each style looks like from almost straight to very frizzy -- you should be able to decide on what would best to blend in with your own from that ---- it`s hard to be more definite without seeing a pic of your existing hair --hope that helps.... Paul.
heres a pic looks worst from above

Attached Files Image(s)

08-21-2010, 08:42 PM,
Hmmmmmm ! Tricky ! I`ve really studied your pics for quite a while, and ok, a few things strike me ......... please don`t take them all as `Gospel` --am thinking aloud so you can formulate your own plan of action. You seem to have a pretty good density at the temple area.... i`m looking at pic 1 and the left side [ your right temple in reality ] but you are keeping the hair short in /tight . On pic 2, you have a kind of `tuft` or thicker step of hair swept back from the top of the head, down onto the back......... what I would do there, is, trim that back a bit so that it`s more `even`all the way around....... it`s noticeable on the left in pic 1 , just behind the ear. the way it kind of juts out. That will be to your advantage in that it`s your own hair, just cut in a bit tighter to the head and you can blend in the system onto it more or less on the crown /top of the head rather than at the back so you won`t have to `worry`about the point where the two meet possibly being visible to others. I suppose what I`m trying to say is that in my case, I have the system hair right down the back and blended in literally at the nape area, whereas from what I can see, you will only have to blend in around the top/ crown area so it will be a lot less hassle for you to wear with confidence. I would also consider going for a larger base than your proposed area. You have thinning behind the black dotted line towards/at the crown, and that will most likely continue. I know it`s kind of scary to be thinking of getting rid of most of what`s on top -we all like to hang on to it as long as possible, but I reckon a nice oval shape, with that `` stepped`` hair trimmed in a little, will provide a smoother transition between system and growing hair.
I wouldn`t order the standard 6 -inch length either ---- that will give the stylist a load of cutting to do ----you really have sufficient at the sides and all you need is literally the top piece, styled in quite short which is why I don`t think you really need to worry too much about the curl /wave --it`s going to be so short [not down beyond your temples and behind the ears] that it won`t be very noticeable. Your side hair is quite tight to the head --try to imagine [pic 2] what that pic would be like if you had a system on top, with long-ish hair, and a higher density ---- it would look `odd` ---- you have a great `foundation`to work with but you will have to cut the system hair relatively short /confine it to the top of the head, rather than right down to the nape and ears etc. Are you going with a swept -back style ? I assume you will, as your own hair seems to grow in that direction and you said you have to brush it forward now to get coverage, which I can see. Swiss lace front will be the most un-detectable for that style.The longest hair would be at the front, to enable you to sweep it back, gradually getting shorter as you reach your own growing hair at the sides and back, which is where a good stylist will come to the fore. See what John say`s --he would give best advice on density and style..... a lighter density will give a great transition onto your own side hair. Anyone else care to chip in ? Paul.
08-21-2010, 10:24 PM,
(08-21-2010, 08:42 PM)Paul In Ireland Wrote: Hmmmmmm ! Tricky ! I`ve really studied your pics for quite a while, and ok, a few things strike me ......... please don`t take them all as `Gospel` --am thinking aloud so you can formulate your own plan of action. You seem to have a pretty good density at the temple area.... i`m looking at pic 1 and the left side [ your right temple in reality ] but you are keeping the hair short in /tight . On pic 2, you have a kind of `tuft` or thicker step of hair swept back from the top of the head, down onto the back......... what I would do there, is, trim that back a bit so that it`s more `even`all the way around....... it`s noticeable on the left in pic 1 , just behind the ear. the way it kind of juts out. That will be to your advantage in that it`s your own hair, just cut in a bit tighter to the head and you can blend in the system onto it more or less on the crown /top of the head rather than at the back so you won`t have to `worry`about the point where the two meet possibly being visible to others. I suppose what I`m trying to say is that in my case, I have the system hair right down the back and blended in literally at the nape area, whereas from what I can see, you will only have to blend in around the top/ crown area so it will be a lot less hassle for you to wear with confidence. I would also consider going for a larger base than your proposed area. You have thinning behind the black dotted line towards/at the crown, and that will most likely continue. I know it`s kind of scary to be thinking of getting rid of most of what`s on top -we all like to hang on to it as long as possible, but I reckon a nice oval shape, with that `` stepped`` hair trimmed in a little, will provide a smoother transition between system and growing hair.
I wouldn`t order the standard 6 -inch length either ---- that will give the stylist a load of cutting to do ----you really have sufficient at the sides and all you need is literally the top piece, styled in quite short which is why I don`t think you really need to worry too much about the curl /wave --it`s going to be so short [not down beyond your temples and behind the ears] that it won`t be very noticeable. Your side hair is quite tight to the head --try to imagine [pic 2] what that pic would be like if you had a system on top, with long-ish hair, and a higher density ---- it would look `odd` ---- you have a great `foundation`to work with but you will have to cut the system hair relatively short /confine it to the top of the head, rather than right down to the nape and ears etc. Are you going with a swept -back style ? I assume you will, as your own hair seems to grow in that direction and you said you have to brush it forward now to get coverage, which I can see. Swiss lace front will be the most un-detectable for that style.The longest hair would be at the front, to enable you to sweep it back, gradually getting shorter as you reach your own growing hair at the sides and back, which is where a good stylist will come to the fore. See what John say`s --he would give best advice on density and style..... a lighter density will give a great transition onto your own side hair. Anyone else care to chip in ? Paul.

can i just say, thanks very much for taking the time to cast a critical eye over my pics,superb ,pro standard advice,
im in ore @ the prices with top lace,when you do the dollars to pounds conversion, even inc del its under £200.
advanced hair studio , eat yahh bloody heart out, hang youre heads in shame.
when i went to ahs, for a consult i had hope, great hope,
and they then dash it when they tell you 1200, and you sink, and think aghh no, bloody hell what am i going to do.
if only more people knew about toplace.
anyway keep the comments comming,i'll deffo be very active in this forum.
i'd prob order two systems , woudnt dare be uncovered , while one system is drying , after washing,ect
would feel vunerable,
08-22-2010, 12:05 AM,
Hi again - you`re welcome to whatever I can contribute....... if I can give just a few ideas for you to mull over before you make your decision, I`m pleased.
I know only too well all about AHS --- they were my first port of call about 10 yrs ago. The only thing I would say in defence of the Salons, generally, is that they do have overheads such as Premises rentals/insurance/power supply bills and staff costs, but having said that, they sure know how to charge.
Again looking back at the pics -- the hair on top, where it is longer than the sides, is not really all that frizzy --it`s not really kind of `` Afro`` and is only frizzy at the ends --the sides where it`s shorter, is more straight in comparison. I think your main trick will be to choose the correct density so that when the system meets your hair, it can be blended in seamlessly by the stylist --- you don`t want a rug on top. I reckon you only want 5 -10% more density on top than what you have at the sides...... have a look at the pic of the Spikey look which was posted a few days ago --I reckon something like that but with the hair slicked down rather than standing up like that chap is wearing it, would be s great style for you. I do hope other wearers will post a few replies too, so you can finally decide on what`s best for you. Regards for now -- Paul.
P.S. I just saw you looked at and left a post on the `` Spikey look`` thread....... that would be my idea for you, but without the `spikes`