Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you please comment on this ?
12-14-2008, 11:48 AM,
Re: Can you please comment on this ?
There is no reason to have pieces of different lengths unless you personally want that.... and if you change too quick that WILL tip people off.

Just style what you have different ways from time to time.... and when you get your real growing side and back hair cut it gives you the illusion of a haircut all over, trust me.

The comment about hair not growing doesn't raise a good point, it proves the person saying it doesn't have a clue what they're talking about.

No piece is undetectable to lots of touching, but you can absolutely make it so that no one can tell if you are wearing or not by sight alone.
12-14-2008, 02:03 PM,
Quote:Rod, keeping 3 pieces at different lengths might prove to be a bit expensive...

Not really, if you decide to wear, eventually you will have bought three pieces so you are just buying them all at one time. I don't know if you are a good candidate to wear to be honest with you. I don't rotate 3 pieces, don't see any need in it as someone else said but that was one of your worries so I was just giving you a solution.
12-15-2008, 02:33 AM,
Quote:I don't know if you are a good candidate to wear to be honest with you.

Rod, In which way do you mean ?
12-15-2008, 03:36 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:
Quote:I don't know if you are a good candidate to wear to be honest with you.

Rod, In which way do you mean ?

People around here will usually say that when your posts give off a vibe that you're overly paranoid about having your piece detected.

It's possible that you're just trying to collect info and learn, which is fine as long as you can get over it.

On the other hand, if you can't get over it and you constantly worry about being detected then you won't be very happy and wearing will make you nuts.

Just remember that some people in your life will have to know. Are you OK with that?
12-15-2008, 03:45 AM,
Quote:Yes, I will be very sad if someone will find out without me telling him, and more sad if the rumor will get out and spread....
If I go with a wig and get discovered by someone who will spread a rumor about me that will get to everyone and make my life miserable...

Jonesy I said it because of the comment you made above. It sounds like you think your life would be ruined if someone found out. I understand that you are just asking questions but Tapehead said it best. You will drive yourself nuts if you constantly worry about being detected. I'm wasn't trying to discourage you.
12-15-2008, 04:17 AM,
Quote:People around here will usually say that when your posts give off a vibe that you're overly paranoid about having your piece detected.
It's possible that you're just trying to collect info and learn, which is fine as long as you can get over it. On the other hand, if you can't get over it and you constantly worry about being detected then you won't be very happy and wearing will make you nuts.
The question is what are my alternatives ?

1. Continue going with a comb-over: gives an illusion I have a full head of hair, but can be destroyed easily by wind, and hence I’m constantly on guard. I can’t let girls touch my hair *at all*. I keep getting comments to switch to a different hairstyle since combing to the side is too old fashioned (lol, they think it’s a matter of choice for me). Eventually this comb-over will fail to give the illusion I want, then I can either shave it all off (see #2), or switch to a wig and *everybody* who know me will 100% know.

2. Shaving my head: I’m one of those guys who don’t look well without hair. Hair adds a lot to my personal appearance. Also, I’m close to 30. Currently with the combover people are sure I’m not more than 25 (and if I’ll color my somewhat greying hair, and go with a more up-to-date hairstyle, I’ll look even younger). When I tell them I’m close to 30 they refuse to believe. I usually have to take out my driver license to prove. I’m not willing to jump from someone who looks 25 (at most!), to someone who looks 35 (with the shaved head). We only live once, and I want to get the most out of it.

3. Getting a wig: The main downside for me is to be spotted by the looks of it (not by the touch, nobody ever touched my hair, and if it is an intimate moment with a girl then it’s only her that will know, and I think I could contain the situation). The problem is that I appear in front of a crowd every week, if this gets out and everybody knows and give me funny looks and remarks while I talk, this won’t be fun at all, I’ll be transferred from the “adorable guy we all love to admire”, to “that weird guy with the wig”, who wants that ?. Still, worst case, I can shave it all, but I can’t see how shaving will make things better for me if it makes me look much worse and much older.

Quote:Just remember that some people in your life will have to know. Are you OK with that?
Yes, I’m totally ok with my close family knowing. Actually one of them is wearing a wig AND give public appearances, but on the other hand it's easier for a girl to do that (yes it's a "she"), because the wig is longer and hence harder to spot, and also society accept women with wigs more than men with wigs.

I also want to tell one of my co-workers who is a good friend of mine, and kept my secrets well up to now (he could tell me if people are talking behind my back). For starters that’s it. My thought is that the less people who know, the less chance this will get out to everyone (actually I feel like I can tell all of my co-workers since they are all great people and I trust them all, but again, my thought is that the more people knowing, the greater the chance for an "accident").
12-15-2008, 05:30 AM,
Jonesy-

We have all been in your shoes to a certain extent. What everyone is trying to say is that you can't "let the hair wear you".

I am almost completely open about wearing, but I understand your apprehension with this because it is a touch subject for some. I think this definitely IS your best alternative based upon what you are saying. And who knows??? You might nail it first time around, it looks great, you're a "natural" and everything just falls into place. But chances are there will be a little bit of a learning curve, and it is possible that it might not be perfect at first. Can you live with that?

Right now your apprehension stems from the unknown. There have been a lot of guys who have been nervous to take the plunge who ended up being immediately ecstatic with the results they got. Just understand that your results may vary.
12-15-2008, 07:19 AM,
Quote:I am almost completely open about wearing, but I understand your apprehension with this because it is a touch subject for some. I think this definitely IS your best alternative based upon what you are saying. And who knows??? You might nail it first time around, it looks great, you're a "natural" and everything just falls into place. But chances are there will be a little bit of a learning curve, and it is possible that it might not be perfect at first. Can you live with that?

The transformation day is the thing that scares me the most.

If I were to move to a different town, I would have felt much more confident with the wig.

I simply don't think that many guys go to the wig from a head that appears full of hair, and try to persuade the people around them that the wig is just a new haircut they did yesterday, one needs a lot of courage to do that (I looked reall hard in this forum, and couldn't find anyone who tried to do such thing). If you're going from a noticeably balding head, you know right from the start that some people won't buy it, and accept that some will know you wear.

At the transformation day, if people spot me, it will be double the shock, the first shock will be me with a wig, the second shock will be that they won't understand why, probably think I went crazy.

Currently I'm making my hair longer, and starting to use toppik and dermmatch, so people will get used to see me with tons of hair on my head. Hopefully this will make the transformation day more believable...
12-15-2008, 08:25 AM,
Jonesy,

Going with a TL piece will ensure that you don't spring a full, thick head of hair over night. Let me tell you my story...

I've been wearing thick rugs for years and years, and grew oddly dependent on them. I then decided that enough was enough and I wanted a TL piece... the fella's photos on here are incredible.

I ordered a low density piece and got it cut in... my transformation is incredible... I was apprehensive about going to work after the weekend, but the system is so natural they just said "I love your hair cut; your hair looks much better that way..."

Get a TL piece, low density, show some scalp and cut it short - you'll love it.

Happy, Hairy, Cool... Jazzy.
12-15-2008, 11:22 AM,
Had dinner last night with someone (quite balding) who insisted that he's an expert wig sniffer-outer (BTW, I don't wear so I had nothing to sniff at) and insisted that Gov. Rod Blagojevich's mountain of hair is in fact a toupee. Amazingly it's not. Even the "experts" are not so expert.