Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you please comment on this ?
12-14-2008, 07:47 AM,
Can you please comment on this ?
Some advice from someone why not to wear a wig:

Quote:Sorry, I don't agree with rugs. They are so obvious. You can spot them a mile away. Two guys have them at the gym I go to. One guy always takes it off, and covers his head with a hat while he works out - but it's obvious because he has a full head of hair coming into the gym, but he's bald and always wearing a doo-rag when working out. Another guy has one and wears the thing while he's working out. It's totally obvious he's wearing a piece. It's like his hair is always the same length. It's always combed over EXACTLY the same direction. It looks very un-natural and it's totally obvious he's wearing a rug. Both of those guy's are so buffed that nobody ever says anything to them about it, but everyone knows they're wearing hair pieces.

Now, I know that he is not familiar with good pieces like the ones sold here, but, he does raises a good point, even if your hairpiece looks natural and people don't suspect at first, still, how will they react to the fact that your hair never grows, that your hairstyle is always similar ?, won't people who see you everyday eventually do 1+1 and figure out ?
12-14-2008, 08:46 AM,
Re: Can you please comment on this ?
If you are that worried about the hair length staying the same then buy three pieces, cut them different lengths and rotate as your hair grows. man, there are ways to fix these simple little things and who says you can't style your hair different? I style mine different from one day to the next. .
12-14-2008, 09:01 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Some advice from someone why not to wear a wig:

Quote:Sorry, I don't agree with rugs. They are so obvious. You can spot them a mile away. Two guys have them at the gym I go to. One guy always takes it off, and covers his head with a hat while he works out - but it's obvious because he has a full head of hair coming into the gym, but he's bald and always wearing a doo-rag when working out. Another guy has one and wears the thing while he's working out. It's totally obvious he's wearing a piece. It's like his hair is always the same length. It's always combed over EXACTLY the same direction. It looks very un-natural and it's totally obvious he's wearing a rug. Both of those guy's are so buffed that nobody ever says anything to them about it, but everyone knows they're wearing hair pieces.

Now, I know that he is not familiar with good pieces like the ones sold here, but, he does raises a good point, even if your hairpiece looks natural and people don't suspect at first, still, how will they react to the fact that your hair never grows, that your hairstyle is always similar ?, won't people who see you everyday eventually do 1+1 and figure out ?

Never.

If there is no other reason for someone to pay specific attention to your hair NOBODY is going to notice that your hair doesn't grow. I've heard this time and time again and it's nothing more than paranoia. People do not pay that much attention to your hair!

Think about it. Most people get their hair cut every two weeks or so if they keep it short. Hair grows what? 1/4" per month? That's 1/8" that most people cut off, and that isn't much. If your hairpiece hair is 1 1/2" long, 1/8" can't even really be noticed.

Keep in mind that if you are wearing a topper, your maintenance cuts will provide a different look as well.

If you are worried about this all you have to do is change the styling from time to time, which I recommend anyway.

The fact is, I can guarantee that the person that wrote this could be six inches from me staring me straight in the face yammering away about "rugs" and have no clue I was wearing one.
12-14-2008, 09:19 AM,
Quote:The fact is, I can guarantee that the person that wrote this could be six inches from me staring me straight in the face yammering away about "rugs" and have no clue I was wearing one.

That's true JRob, your hair indeed looks super real.

Rod, keeping 3 pieces at different lengths might prove to be a bit expensive... but JRob is correct, nobody can really know how frequently I visit the barber, if I do it once every 2-3 weeks, it is really impossible to see a clear difference in hair length, assuming I'm not going with a super short haircut. And yes, I agree that changing styles isn't much of a problem, I have no idea why that guy who he talked about at the gym always go with the hair combed to the exact same direction...

It just that these anti-wig guys sometime comment with such confidence in their words, that it simply scares someone like me who is about to enter this world...
12-14-2008, 09:45 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Rod, keeping 3 pieces at different lengths might prove to be a bit expensive... but JRob is correct, nobody can really know how frequently I visit the barber, if I do it once every 2-3 weeks, it is really impossible to see a clear difference in hair length, assuming I'm not going with a super short haircut. And yes, I agree that changing styles isn't much of a problem, I have no idea why that guy who he talked about at the gym always go with the hair combed to the exact same direction...

It just that these anti-wig guys sometime comment with such confidence in their words, that it simply scares someone like me who is about to enter this world...

The guy at the gym probably has a bad chain salon piece. He probably doesn't even know you can do it yourself.

If you are terrified that someone might find out, you probably shouldn't be getting a piece, because no matter how good it looks there is always a chance that someone will pick it out. If you get the right specs, get a good cut-in and maintain it right the odds are slim, but the possibility is always there.

These anti-wig guys are usually not confident enough to pull it off themselves, and are victims of ignorance and stigma. I'll bet he's seen dozens of people wearing and had no idea... then he sees two bad ones and assumes they are all like that. It's easy to fall into that trap if you don't know any better.
12-14-2008, 10:10 AM,
Quote:If you are terrified that someone might find out, you probably shouldn't be getting a piece, because no matter how good it looks there is always a chance that someone will pick it out. If you get the right specs, get a good cut-in and maintain it right the odds are slim, but the possibility is always there.

Yes, I will be very sad if someone will find out without me telling him, and more sad if the rumor will get out and spread.

Still, currently I'm doing a comb-over which isn't much better than going with a piece. It gives the illusion of hair, it is destroyed by the wind, it doesn't look pretty. I'm always looking at a near mirror (or window) to see that everything is in place and that no baldness is seen, and to top it all, I won't be able to keep the coverup much longer, and as time passes this haircut just look worse and worse.

If I go with a wig and get discovered by someone who will spread a rumor about me that will get to everyone and make my life miserable, I can still shave my head, but I look much much worse with a shaved head, that maybe it is better to go with a wig even if people know.

All I know is if I do nothing, I'll soon get to a situation where everybody see that I'm balding badly, putting the wig then will be extremely hard, because I won't be fooling anyone. I don't really see a choice here... If I want to look good no matter what, I must switch to a wig asap.

The rumor of William Shatner wearing a piece was always there, yet it didn't keep him from being a sex symbol, at least when he was younger. It would have happened to a much lesser degree if he went with Patrick Stewart's bald head. Looking better while people are talking, seems to me like a better alternative than looking worse so people will shut up. That's how I see it now anyway.
12-14-2008, 10:19 AM,
You have to take it for what it is.

If you have a good looking piece and someone finds out and spreads rumors it just makes THEM look insecure. I had one guy who was very jealous of me do this in the beginning. He wasn't very happy that I seemed to be getting with all of the women he was interested in, so he decided to be a jackass and tell everyone.

It's really all in how YOU look at it. If you project shame it just fuels the fire. if you project confidence they have nothing.
12-14-2008, 10:23 AM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:The rumor of William Shatner wearing a piece was always there, yet it didn't keep him from being a sex symbol, at least when he was younger. It would have happened to a much lesser degree if he went with Patrick Stewart's bald head. Looking better while people are talking, seems to me like a better alternative than looking worse so people will shut up. That's how I see it now anyway.

I don't know how much money has been made by people because they chose to wear a hairpiece, but I would bet that it's is well into the BILLIONS.

Do you think Vince Vaughn would have been casted in Old School, Wedding Crashers, or ESPECIALLY the movie Swingers if he were sporting a chrome dome?

No way no how.
12-14-2008, 10:28 AM,
Vince Vaughn is wearing a piece ?????????

He used to date Jennifer Aniston !!!, was this with the wig ???
12-14-2008, 11:05 AM,
I'm a professional actor, and I know I would be MUCH poorer if I didn't have a piece!
-ANDREW (NEVER ANDY)