Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you please comment on this ?
12-15-2008, 11:36 AM,
Re: Can you please comment on this ?
jazzy Wrote:Jonesy,

Going with a TL piece will ensure that you don't spring a full, thick head of hair over night. Let me tell you my story...

I've been wearing thick rugs for years and years, and grew oddly dependent on them. I then decided that enough was enough and I wanted a TL piece... the fella's photos on here are incredible.

I ordered a low density piece and got it cut in... my transformation is incredible... I was apprehensive about going to work after the weekend, but the system is so natural they just said "I love your hair cut; your hair looks much better that way..."

Get a TL piece, low density, show some scalp and cut it short - you'll love it.

Happy, Hairy, Cool... Jazzy.

But jazzy, they also believed your thick rug was real, you had an "easy crowd" to play with... Smile

Still, even if they thought your old rug was real, you do have a point because the hair on your old piece was probably a bit different than the hair on the new piece (probably slightly different color, and different source), and the base was probably a bit different, showing somewhat different hairline, yet they still believed it to be the same hair, just different styling and haircut. I hope this will be the case in my situation too.

I also agree that people do NOT expect to see scalp and receding hairline with a wig. If the color blend is well too (and the hairline not too compromising), it should be close to imppsible to detect by anyone who isn't in this field (working or wearing). I know I couldn't detect these things before I saw the pics here and in other sites. I don't think I can detect it now either, all I know is not to trust anyone, even if it looks real, it might be faked.

Quote:Had dinner last night with someone (quite balding) who insisted that he's an expert wig sniffer-outer (BTW, I don't wear so I had nothing to sniff at) and insisted that Gov. Rod Blagojevich's mountain of hair is in fact a toupee. Amazingly it's not. Even the "experts" are not so expert.

[Image: gov.jpg]

Yep, quite an expert, how could he think this could be a rug ?, what amazing detective skills this guy has ! Smile
12-15-2008, 12:10 PM,
Here are some pics of my hair currently, so you'll see what I'm switching from (JRob you already seen this):

[Image: 1543601_bigthumb.jpg]

[Image: 1543604_bigthumb.jpg]

[Image: 1543606_bigthumb.jpg]

I CAN show some scalp, especially at the crown, if the hair isn't combed well there, but with toppik this isn't a problem.

Now, I'm not naive, I know that due to wind people might have noticed the hair at the front is very thin, and that I comb to disguise this thining. This is why I thought the piece should be styled with a ceasar look, this way I can use a base with a receding hairline (with light density at the front, maybe even extra light), and because the hair will be combed forward, nobody could really tell I'm cheating with a piece. Then when I go out at night, I can style it a bit less conservative...

The basic rule that I want to be guided by, is that it should be possible to believe my current hair pattern, could have transformed to the hair pattern shown with the piece.
12-16-2008, 02:43 PM,
[quote=These anti-wig guys are usually not confident enough to pull it off themselves, and are victims of ignorance and stigma. I'll bet he's seen dozens of people wearing and had no idea... then he sees two bad ones and assumes they are all like that. It's easy to fall into that trap if you don't know any better.[/quote]

Amen to that. There's no way these guys can comment on the good wigs b/c they can't detect them. That's why they can only talk about the bad ones. In my opinion, try no to worry about: rumors, people noticing your hair length, etc. In the real world, we are among many much more important people... meaning, no one is gonna pay that much attention to us. Jrob is right, it's just paranoia.

Even if they find out, so what? Did you kill somebody? Did you commit a crime? Cheat on a test? Nope. It's funny we aren't ashame when we get a speeding ticket (we do it over and over, breaking the law), yet we're so embarrassed when we wear a piece (something that doesn't hurt anybody)...

You could also think of it as: women improve their appearance by putting on makeup, as balding men, we could improve our own appearances by putting on a piece. It's not like we have a disease. It's mostly for aesthetic reasons.

Lastly, comb overs are more "amusing" to people who are inclined to laugh at others, than are pieces.

Good luck!

Leamon
01-23-2009, 05:42 PM,
Jonesy123 Wrote:Some advice from someone why not to wear a wig:

Quote:Sorry, I don't agree with rugs. They are so obvious. You can spot them a mile away. Two guys have them at the gym I go to. One guy always takes it off, and covers his head with a hat while he works out - but it's obvious because he has a full head of hair coming into the gym, but he's bald and always wearing a doo-rag when working out. Another guy has one and wears the thing while he's working out. It's totally obvious he's wearing a piece. It's like his hair is always the same length. It's always combed over EXACTLY the same direction. It looks very un-natural and it's totally obvious he's wearing a rug. Both of those guy's are so buffed that nobody ever says anything to them about it, but everyone knows they're wearing hair pieces.

Now, I know that he is not familiar with good pieces like the ones sold here, but, he does raises a good point, even if your hairpiece looks natural and people don't suspect at first, still, how will they react to the fact that your hair never grows, that your hairstyle is always similar ?, won't people who see you everyday eventually do 1+1 and figure out ?

I know where you have been reading. lol, naughty boy. tsk tsk tsk
01-24-2009, 03:42 AM,
Not too impressed with Vince Vaughn's pieces. You can spot them pretty easily. He could do a lot better !
Although I guess it didn't bother Jennifer Anniston too much. But still ...