Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this template look fine to you?
01-03-2009, 11:21 AM,
Re: Does this template look fine to you?
I went to Erin to get the template done. I've always had a big forehead so I didn't want to give myself a hairline I never had. That template is what we agreed on. I want to go for a bit longer style so I'm waiting for my hair to grow out so before I order the piece.
01-03-2009, 11:42 AM,
Feyla,

Hope it works for you mate - BA's advice tends to be fairly sound.

Make sure you post pics.

Jazzy
01-04-2009, 02:38 AM,
felya Wrote:I went to Erin to get the template done. I've always had a big forehead so I didn't want to give myself a hairline I never had. That template is what we agreed on. I want to go for a bit longer style so I'm waiting for my hair to grow out so before I order the piece.

Take mine and Freds advice if you dont you will have a big problem getting it to look natural when you come to style it every morning, Unless you go with a combdown style that is, And whats the point of that ? You may as well make a template a lot wider and cover all the recession if going with a combdown style.
01-04-2009, 02:39 AM,
felya Wrote:I went to Erin to get the template done. I've always had a big forehead so I didn't want to give myself a hairline I never had. That template is what we agreed on. I want to go for a bit longer style so I'm waiting for my hair to grow out so before I order the piece.

We aint talking about the hairline mate, That stays the same.
01-04-2009, 10:28 AM,
Don't have any experience with that type of balding pattern, but I would be careful about adding too much hair. Your temples are recessed and it would be very easy to get the wide forehead look if you aren't careful.
01-05-2009, 02:47 AM,
JRob,

Could you explain 'the wide forehead look' please mate? I hear it a lot on here, and want to make sure I'm not doing it already, and don't make the mistake in the future?

My temples have receded (as happens after puberty), but they are there as is my front hairline... just want to make sure I don't get this certain look.

Cheers,

Jazzy
01-05-2009, 08:01 AM,
Naturally you can have solid temple points with hairline recession, but you can't have temple point recession with a full hairline.

Your blend, color match, density, EVERYTHING can be perfect, but a wearer can usually spot another wearer who has too full of a hairline for his temples.

It's one of those details that the general public won't necessarily pick out, but it can make things look "fishy". Although I don't think I had that much of a wideness problem per se, this is one of the reasons I went to a full cap. Now I can have whatever temples I want.
01-05-2009, 08:19 AM,
JRob,

I understand now... Learning all the time. Thankfully my temples are not so far receded as to look unnatural with my current hairline.

Cheers mate,

Jazzy
01-05-2009, 01:24 PM,
Quote:It's one of those details that the general public won't necessarily pick out, but it can make things look "fishy". Although I don't think I had that much of a wideness problem per se, this is one of the reasons I went to a full cap. Now I can have whatever temples I want.

Not exactly, you can't have recessed temples, like the ones shown here (not talking about the hair length, just the triangle pattern):

[Image: men+very+short+hairstyle_+dark+brown.jpg]
01-05-2009, 03:43 PM,
Would anyone else agree that this is an example of the wide forehead look? I just think this is an obvious looking piece and it came from a hair replacement website. Also, compare this to the pic above and you will see the difference.

[Image: HD-BAD.jpg]