Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does this template look fine to you?
01-01-2009, 02:50 PM,
Does this template look fine to you?
[Image: img2544bn8.th.jpg]
01-01-2009, 04:44 PM,
Re: Does this template look fine to you?
felya Wrote:[Image: img2544bn8.th.jpg]

If you're happy with that much recession showing.
Note that I'm NOT saying that much recession is bad.
Some recession (on anyone older than about 19 ~ 20) looks very real.

You're probably get some replies here that will have you draw a line kinda straight across your forehead thus giving you the hair line of a 14 yo Wink

It's hard to tell, without a side photo, of what you have left of your temples. You may wish to fill in a little more by your little and first fingers.

Smile
Fred
01-01-2009, 06:08 PM,
[Image: img2548ao6.th.jpg]

My normal hair.

[Image: img2546sj8.th.jpg]

View from the side.

[Image: img2547pt6.th.jpg]

One more.
01-01-2009, 07:23 PM,
Nobody will think it's a piece for sure, but the point of wearing is to correct your thinning, not to leave behind your huge recession. I would restore my hairline if I were you. Get a nice C contour.
01-01-2009, 08:27 PM,
Thats a good template if you are looking to thicken up your existing look, then gradually decrease the recession on your templates thereafter. That way it gradually looks like your getting more hair/thickness, than a lot more hair all at once. That is what I would do, but I know it's not easy to be patient.

However, you have lost your temple areas, and therefore I wouldn't go with a CC contour or anyting more than that.. maybe an A contour.. but I can't remember exactly what an A contour looks like since I"ve always worn CC.
01-02-2009, 02:54 AM,
I think the amount of recession is perfectly fine and quite inconspicuous. Your instincts are good. The degree of recession can be nicely offset by letting your hair grow out another inch.
01-02-2009, 03:43 AM,
I agree with folliman and bangless, I think , for the first piece, this is superb. It will be a lot like what you already have....over time, you can gradually order pieces with less recession if you want to........but this will ease you into hair wearing with no indication that you have done anything drastic. When you go to work, it will not be a big drastic head turning change....you will just look better. I think you have done very well.
DebbieS.
01-02-2009, 08:06 AM,
I disagree that is NOT going to work very well at all, And here is why, Waaaaaaaay to much recession for your age and it is a MUST to taper the template to meet were your natural hair is growing, The way you have it now will be just like sticking a piece of hair in the centre of a high bald forehead, Not going to work mate as your natural growing hair and your hairloss pattern is to uniformed so you MUST taper the back of the template to give a natural blend were the hairpiece and the natural growing hair meet. You may also want to increase the width of the template slightly by 3/4" (3/8" per side) this will help you greatly in future as you will continue too lose hair so over time you will need to increase the width of the template so do it right from the start, What is the point of waiting ? You do it by about 3/4" and it wont be noticable and like I say you will then subtly increase the width over time. The type of balding pattern you have requires a nice blend were it meets the hairpiece and with that template you show in the photo you just aint got it mate.
01-02-2009, 08:18 AM,
I know some of you will not quite understand what I mean, He has to taper and increase the size of his template to get a perfect plend or it will just look odd like a piece of hair stuck in the middle of a bald area, So photo below shows what I mean.

The type of template he has now is fine for a wider hairloss pattern but wont work for the narrow type without tapering at the join were the hairpiece and natural growing hair meet.

[Image: tapertemplatece1.jpg]
01-02-2009, 08:28 AM,
Heres something I did for Pete :

[Image: ptf2zg1.jpg]

[Image: ptf1xs9.jpg]

Seamless and thats is what is needed in this case :

[Image: ptf3asy0.jpg]