Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A very interesting approach
04-01-2009, 06:27 AM,
A very interesting approach
Hi
As many of you who have read my previous posts will know that i have had hair transplant..therefore I am a member of many HT forums as well Smile..
I wanted to share one interesting approach adopted by a HT doctor to combine HT and hair piece.... As it is hair transplant forum so obviously people over there are more HT oriented so ignore their negative comments but i think it was an interesting approach that i wanted to share with all the people over here.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=displayalbum&topic_oid=2531001171&f=3521087683&x_view=slideshow&x_startwith=1">http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... tartwith=1</a><!-- m -->

The reason I wanted your input is that..many people that i have talked to in hair transplant forums (who also wore hair pieces) say that maintaining frontal area for hair systems is very difficult therefore its more easy to have hair transplant in front 1/3 or 1/5 of the area and use hair piece on the rest...
Does that make sense...I have done HT twice and I must say I am not a very gr8 fan of hair transplants but I have no experience with hair systems...so I would really appreciate any comments on this..
Regards
04-01-2009, 07:15 AM,
Re: A very interesting approach
The one area I can comment on is having a small amount of real frontal hair with my hairpiece.
I use to shave it all and it looked ok but not quite as realistic. Then I figured, hey with the little bit
of real hair I have I should be proud and show it off. So I let it grow back and now place my system just behind about 1/2 inch or so. You have to place it accurately or you will have a space between the two areas. I have that alot but not really to bad to deal with. There are advantages and disadvantages.
The advantage is the hairline is flawless because it is my real hair. It hides a goofed up frontal area hairline as it frays or gets a bit messed up.
The disadvantage is that no matter what it does not blow or move 100% like the system hair( although I now have a Toplace unit that helps alot in this area). Exercise is another issue. The real hair can get wet and may show some seperation from the system. It may fall on the forehead where the system hair is still looking good. I usually just swipe the sweat through the hair to help blend.
I say try it behind at first, then you can always shave it off later.
Hope this helps
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM,
There's a couple of variables here to take into consideration. First, the quality of the hair piece. The hair club is notorious for having 'doll's head hair.' Second, the quality of the hair transplant surgeon. Not all hair transplant surgeons are created equal--quality varies greatly. Just reading this forum and you'll see a lot of posts about hair transplants that were a disaster.
04-01-2009, 04:12 PM,
If you want to know anything about hair transplantation, particularly on who's good and what the best route to take is, just ask me, I know the answers.

This is a good solution provided you have a good surgeon (obviously), and I would not get a strip surgery personally. I would pay extra and have your hairline be taken via folicullar extraction, which leaves no visible scarring. Another thing to consider is getting the hairpiece to line right up to the hairline so it blends properly. And the blend in terms of densities too. If your side/back hair are thin, or even might be thin in the future, you will want a comparitively thin hairline and hairpiece so everything looks even. It is a nice thing having that inch of hair in front of your hairpiece, that's for sure. You really can't have a bad hairline day. i used to just flip up my bangs a bit and all looked 100% natural.
04-01-2009, 04:18 PM,
wiggy, i have a very important question for you: were you able to continue to wear a hairpiece why you grew your hairline back? I am considering the same thing. I have a transplanted hairline, albeit, quite thin, and would like to go back to this approach but don't want to shave my head and wait for it to grow back. Know what I mean?

I shaved the hairline cuz I got greedy and wanted a lower hairline. Although these pieces are great, hairline is always going to be an issue on some days, this is unavoidable and no one can argue with me on it. I would like to go back to wearing a partial behind my hairline but am wondering how in the heck I'm going to allow the hairline to grow while wearing a piece over it.

Any ideas folks?
04-03-2009, 04:36 AM,
Hairline is only an issue on "some days" though, and it can easily be remedied with touch ups or combdown.

If it were me getting the transplant, I would forget about the hairline, save my money and get an even more important area transplanted: Temple Points!

Good thick temple points are the ultimate to looking great with a system, and having the perfect head of hair. Check LooksReal photos - this guy has perfect temple points.

I would also spend a bit of cash thickening up the sides , above the ears in particular.

Forget the hairline, it's easily done with a topper. The other aren't (you really need a full cap to do the successfully).
04-03-2009, 05:43 AM,
NotGuilty,

I just moved my system hair back and did a slight comb down style.
04-04-2009, 11:34 AM,
wiggy: how high is your transplanted hairline? Typically they are pretty high, like mine.

Also, does anyone know if you can grow your own hair underneath a hair system until it's like .5" long ?
04-05-2009, 07:06 AM,
My frontal hair is not transplanted hair. It is my real hair so I suppose it is at the normal hairline for an old guy!
04-05-2009, 11:41 AM,
Toplace SFS units have a better front hair then most real hairlines that are transplants.
I have had transplants and after all the is said and done its eaiser to go 100% with sfs in front.
I just shave them done and yes they still grow,etc.Having the hair unit behind the hairline was a pain
and the hair never ever matched up 100%.