Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toplace Manual
04-02-2009, 08:43 AM,
Toplace Manual
Let me be the first to say that a Toplace Manual would be a HP bestseller Big Grin ... I love reading this forum but I usually think when I have a problem on my head "I wish I had manual which regarding this". This forum is a great source of information but you cant read EVERYTHING. I also noticed alot of questions from newbies are very overlapping. Imagen if we could make an open source manual which is devided in the different topics involved with wearing a HP.

To give a an example, you are looking to find more information regarding reducing red shine in a HP. You could find it under "haircolor".
04-02-2009, 08:19 PM,
Re: Toplace Manual
Eupe...Hi!!
You need to read the old forum and gain the knowledge of Toplace beginnnings...This forum is filled with most...not everything you need to try... but I would say that the old Toplace forum is really a manual in itself...I have wondered about flatback and brush back and many other issues etc...and I have found most of the information that I need at least it is a good starting point to ask important informed clued in questions...All newbies should be reading and searching that old forum...It is invaluable...That forum to me Made Toplace what it is today...That is why some questions hardly ever get answered because the old forum is basically a reference point to ask good questions on the new forum....Good luck and all the best!! I just got off work at the hospital so if I am not making sense forgive me.... Cheers
04-03-2009, 04:17 AM,
I disagree. While the forum is good to search, it isn't as handy as having a user manual. When I need the answer to something I don't want to search through 25 different threads to see if it somehow has the answer to what I need.

It can be an electronic format like a PDF, but there should be something that goes over all the basics. A lot of new people come in here are confused. That is precisely why we see threads like "I'm New with several questions" popping up almost daily.

It's a brilliant idea and some of us can volunteer to write sections.
04-03-2009, 04:31 AM,
This is a great idea. I think the best form for this is a wiki page that everyone can update with their own findings. Then you would have a huge piece of documentation, always up to date and constantly being updated. Unlike a forum it would have chapters rather than dates.
04-03-2009, 07:02 AM,
Exactly my thought. Wiki is perfect! No cost and easy to maintain....lets do it. Think of how much information can go on there if we all submit ?!
04-03-2009, 05:08 PM,
You could always E-mail me, I have all the old forum on CDs and not blowing my own trumpet but I really wouldnt have to look the answer up as I would know, If for some reason I didnt I would know who to ask.
04-04-2009, 03:09 AM,
I love the idea of a wiki page. But I'm a computer n00b so I dont know how to set that up but I'm always willing to help contribute!
04-04-2009, 03:14 AM,
Hi,
it is good to have the old forum to reference back but it is very time cosuming mine through so much data.

I am a newbie if I can go to a section on the forums that lists out everything I would need from A to Z to start out that would really help. It would save the veterans to answer the same newbie questions over and over Smile