Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
showerfilters and all that jazz is it really that important?
04-02-2009, 11:54 AM,
showerfilters and all that jazz is it really that important?
alright believe me making a hair piece look good and last is going to be very high up in my priority list. Seeing as i dont plan on having a real job for another 4 years lol but!!! Pillow cases i can use most nights im sure but are shower filters really THAT important? I mean i'm not sure what student accomodation i shall end up with but if i'm sharing a shower it sounds way too fiddly installing it whenever i need a shower which i like having twice a day tbh and also i travel alot and putting a filter in wherever room i stay in or friends house im staying/ carrying around some filter lol just sounds really poo. Can i go without it? What if i wash the hp with evian mineral water sometimes or something lol.
04-02-2009, 01:38 PM,
Re: showerfilters and all that jazz is it really that important?
It all depends on the hardness of your water. Some cities have very hard water and others are not so hard. So the results of using a shower filter would depend on the hardness of the water you have in your town. A shower filter is only $40 and that's a cheap price to pay for extending the life of your system. But if it's impractical then you can do without it. Mineral water is fine to rinse your hair. And maybe the water in your town is naturally soft and you can just use that.
Regards,
John
04-02-2009, 02:48 PM,
the story here in Atlanta is that there are so many chemicals and minerals being dumped on my hair by that water (which isn't as much as some cities I'm sure, water tastes fine) that even a top notch water filter in my shower STILL isn't enough.

I have spray bottles of purified water handy, and most days don't even dunk my head under the showerhead, i'll just use the spray bottles. Also, use the purified water to clean/shampoo when you're changing it out.

A jug of purified water is less than a $1 in the store.

- AG
04-03-2009, 12:02 AM,
well having a showerfilter at home is fine because i can just buy one leave it on and its great but other than some of the holidays i'm not really planning on being home that was the problem. Yeah lol water in my home town is hard i suppose i can buy one to use while i'm at home and just leave it when i'm away from home.
04-03-2009, 05:06 AM,
It doesn't seem to matter in Ireland, our water seems fine.

But I went to Manchester in the UK last year, and after washing my piece in a hotel there it was a tangled mess! Even after styling and combing, it was like a rats bloody nest. Don't know what kind of water they had there... the water actually felt "slimy" in my fingers, and not so clean.

So I guess different areas have different waters. You're probably better off in the countryside.
04-03-2009, 04:28 PM,
A water filter and a satin pillowcase is cheap insurance. Wish I would have done both from day 1.