Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To those with thin sides... How do you blend?
02-18-2010, 03:52 PM,
To those with thin sides... How do you blend?
My sides are becoming pretty thin and it's getting more and more difficult to blend the sides around the temple area. What is everyone's method for blending with this problem? Thanks
02-19-2010, 07:26 AM,
Re: To those with thin sides... How do you blend?
Well you can change up the style and the length of hair you use to blend. Thats one option, Another option is to lower the density of the system on the perimeter to blend into your thinning hair more, Or use a concealer product on your own hair such as dermmatch or prothick to thicken up the hair and create more density. U could try either one of these methods or in combination. I would try to avoid getting too high of a density on the unit because that will make blending a little more difficult. Some use a curtain style hair style, or having the hair longer to over lap the side hairs not to worry about blending.. Others simply wear full caps or oversized pieces and shave off their side hair, U just have to try a few options and experiment and find what works the best for you.
02-19-2010, 03:11 PM,
When your side hair begins to limit you it's time to consider a full cap. I went that direction and never looked back.
02-19-2010, 05:13 PM,
My side hair is mostly all there.. but it's probably something like a 50 or 55%. So, my pieces are 60-65%. If I keep the hair buzzed on the sides and back, it is great for a few weeks, then gets a little harder to blend. SO, I keep a little bit of hair fiber bottles around do thicken things up to match better until I can get the hair re-trimmed by my mother. Dermatch just rubs off on everything for me.

I'm going to try to go thinner on my sides/back to better match my sides, back. I keep my hair piece really short.. like 1" or less all around.
02-19-2010, 05:21 PM,
JRob Wrote:When your side hair begins to limit you it's time to consider a full cap. I went that direction and never looked back.

ugh.. I don't think a full cap will ever be something I would want to do.. I never have worn my side hair/back of my head hair anything other than buzzed down. Someday, I'll just accept the fact that I'll have to transition into a thinning piece, then into complete baldness.
02-20-2010, 08:59 AM,
folliman Wrote:
JRob Wrote:When your side hair begins to limit you it's time to consider a full cap. I went that direction and never looked back.

ugh.. I don't think a full cap will ever be something I would want to do.. I never have worn my side hair/back of my head hair anything other than buzzed down. Someday, I'll just accept the fact that I'll have to transition into a thinning piece, then into complete baldness.

You will never be able to "buzz" the side hair on a full cap, but I have some units that we have taken down to 1/8" or less in some areas. A full cap has its limits, but at the same time you don't have to wear a shaggy mop of hair to make it look realistic.
02-21-2010, 01:16 PM,
I use Toppik concealer on my thinning sides, and I'm quite happy with the results.

First I apply just a little bit of hair gel (go2beGlued or hairspray), then use the Toppik spray applicator to distribute the toppik fibers. To me, that makes quite a big difference for the sides.
02-23-2010, 04:05 AM,
Buzzed sides & back with a touch of Dermmatch is what I do.
02-23-2010, 10:16 AM,
Do a piece with temple points if you want to try that route as it may work for you, personally going full cap is what I would do but I know people who wear the temple points and get on with them fine
02-23-2010, 04:40 PM,
Tunners is becoming my right hand man when it comes to spreading the word about full caps!