Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconditioned unit...Glue not sticking to lace
04-03-2009, 04:21 PM,
Re: Reconditioned unit...Glue not sticking to lace
As far as the glue not sticking to the base, have you tried washing it with dish soap? It's probably a silicone residue which should come off with a stronger soap.
04-04-2009, 04:09 AM,
O.K. guys, I have tried washing it with Prell hair shampoo...I have tried cleaning it with 91% rubbing alcohol and tried what J.Rob suggested Dish wash soap and my god nothing is working !!! I have never in my 28 years of wearing have encountered this issue before.

And before you suggest using different glues...I have used the new Walker glue, Base Bond, My Nex-gen and some other glue I have had called (secure water proof ) carey research products.

If I can just get the front to stay down I would have one nice looking piece, the density is just right...Keep coming with suggestions
04-05-2009, 11:46 AM,
I know what will work.....magic sponge.Use it very lightly on the front base,very lightly.It will stick after that.
04-05-2009, 04:35 PM,
Ok Meandean what in the heck is magic sponge!!!!!?
04-06-2009, 11:58 AM,
Mr.Clean Magic Eraser
04-06-2009, 09:31 PM,
Geesh, looks like you've tried everything I was going to suggest...

Must be simply a case of haunted hairpiece!
04-08-2009, 01:00 PM,
I too have sent many hairpieces in to have reconditioned and they really do an awesome job. Smile

But, the last couple of units I had done I did experienced the exact same problem, nothing would stick to it... Now this is what I did that got me through the problem... I washed and dryed the unit and I took blue lace tape and put around the perimeter. I took a blow dryer (On hot) and heated the tape on the unit. I left the tape on the unit overnight and in the morning I used 99% alcohol to remove the tape... I rewashed the unit and attached it without any problems.

Of course the real solution would be for the factory to stop spraying whatever it is their spraying on the units.
04-08-2009, 11:41 PM,
Hello Everyone, sorry it took me so long to get back on this subject...but everything is working great. I finally have it sticking down after washing it a couple of times and using rubbing alcohol and doing the dishwash soap thing like J.Rob said and in truth I think it was a combo of all of those things along with patience and Debbies Walker Glue that made it work !!!!

Now I can go back to my stylist and have him finish the cut-in. Before without the front staying down I was afraid to have him touch it for fear of screwing the front up, but now that it is sticking we can do the final touches.

Thanks again for all the inputs.