Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reconditioned unit...Glue not sticking to lace
04-03-2009, 07:41 AM,
Reconditioned unit...Glue not sticking to lace
Maybe someone can chime in with a salution to this problem, I just recently got my reconditioned piece back...it had hair on sides and back along with a new front added to make it almost like new.... and by the way, if you still have an old piece and you still want to use it, the Factory can add hair anywhere to unit even if it has a poly base !!!

Well my problem is the lace and the poly must be treated with something because no matter what glue I use the lace doesnt stick to my scalp and when I put tape on the poly sides and back when I go take the unit off the tape sticks to my scalp, I have never encountered this problem before....B.A. or anyone else is it possible that whatever they treated the hair with to make it come to us soft is causing this? What can someone recommend I do fix this issue..

Thanks
04-03-2009, 07:49 AM,
Re: Reconditioned unit...Glue not sticking to lace
how much does getting your hp reconditioned cost? And is it worth doing that instead of just buying a new one straight away
04-03-2009, 08:19 AM,
I think it is very worth it !!! as long as the piece is not completly falling apart....B.A. or John can chime in on this but my price was $65.00 dollars
04-03-2009, 11:46 AM,
thats preety cool Big Grin How old was your hp before you got it reconditioned. I mean as someone who intends to start wearing at the end of next month something like this sounds alot less of a fianancial burden lol.
04-03-2009, 12:08 PM,
mikegozo Wrote:Maybe someone can chime in with a salution to this problem, I just recently got my reconditioned piece back...it had hair on sides and back along with a new front added to make it almost like new.... and by the way, if you still have an old piece and you still want to use it, the Factory can add hair anywhere to unit even if it has a poly base !!!

Well my problem is the lace and the poly must be treated with something because no matter what glue I use the lace doesnt stick to my scalp and when I put tape on the poly sides and back when I go take the unit off the tape sticks to my scalp, I have never encountered this problem before....B.A. or anyone else is it possible that whatever they treated the hair with to make it come to us soft is causing this? What can someone recommend I do fix this issue..

Thanks

Did you wash the unit before you tried attaching it ?

Fred
04-03-2009, 12:13 PM,
You are right I need to wash it and hopefully that will resolve the issue, and to answer how old my unit was that I reconditioned...it was at least two years old...and my girlfriend came in tonight and seen it and said it looked like new.

P.S. Please remember it is all based on the base and how durable it is before you proceed to recondition it.
04-03-2009, 12:47 PM,
what the hell, did you wear the hp every day for 2 years and then get reconditioned !! Whats all this about people needing new hp's after 3 months and stuff and yet yours lasted for 2 years?? I'm shocked if you can't tell lol
04-03-2009, 01:08 PM,
Using JRob's Blue Max Serum should help prevent the need for this. It works beautifully.
04-03-2009, 01:19 PM,
Danger its all in the base design, and no I didnt wear it to bed everyday...plus I had another unit I wore every now and then...I am probably going to sell my current piece I had done at the windsor convention from september, It is a 1B 9 inch from front to back and 6 inch from left to right...Poly all the way around with a half inch lace in front SFS and poly down the middle, if anyone is interested I am selling for $199.00 plus shipping, never worn and it has access lace still in front, I am 9 and half inches from front to back so it is no longer good for me.
04-03-2009, 04:20 PM,
mikegozo Wrote:I think it is very worth it !!! as long as the piece is not completly falling apart....B.A. or John can chime in on this but my price was $65.00 dollars

Yea, if the unit is in good condition overall it might pay to have hair added, but if the hair is shedding badly to begin with adding hair is like trying to bail out a sinking ship with a coffee cup. I had hair added to two units that were losing a lot of hair and it helped me squeeze a few extra weeks out of them, but from now on I won't be messing with hair adds if the hair is already fried.