Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thread to suggest gel/pomade aside from "the big 4"
04-05-2009, 09:48 PM,
Re: thread to suggest gel/pomade aside from "the big 4"
Xeon005 Wrote:what is a good leave in conditioner?

yes- i, too, would like to know what a good leave in conditioner and i would like to know what the order, in terms of application timing, is incorporation with the blue serum and whatever hair product you use.

in other words, what goes in first, second, third..etc?
04-06-2009, 02:35 AM,
Leave In Conditioners are :

1 Part Conditioner to

10 Parts Water

Use your favorite Conditioner and make your own !!!........... :mrgreen:

I have been doing just that for some time now !!

johnny/abq

ps......even better if ya add a little of JRobs great product to the mixture !!....... :o
04-06-2009, 08:45 AM,
Good suggestion Johnny. I have been doing that for awhile now....using a bit of regular conditioner mixed with distilled water.

I am planning phase 2 of the Blue Max line as we speak and a leave-in conditioner/refreshing spray is at the top of the list. the watering down trick works great, but I want to get in there with the chemists and see if there are any ways that we can add strengthening properties and anything else than might benefit the hair.

Another one of my main goals is to also make it suitable to be used as a "refreshing spray". I started using leave-in EXCLUSIVELY on the hair. No more plain water except for washing. I now use leave-in to wet the hair to restyle the hair, and also to wet the hair before doing a removal to act as a buffer against the alcohol.

As far as how you use a leave-in in conjunction with Blue Max, I don't bother to use it during my wash routine, as the regular conditioner leaves plenty of moisture. The key is to use the serum immediately after you condition to lock that moisture in. This effectively seals the the surface of the hair. Water based conditioners simply evaporate too quickly from processed hair without "help".
04-06-2009, 11:52 PM,
JamesKennedy Wrote:I've always used American Crew pomades with great results!

Recently I wanted a more hard and wet looking style, so I switched to TiGi Bed Head products.

how are the TiGi bedhead and american crew products for a system's longevity?