Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spikeyfront required for this style?
04-04-2009, 11:27 PM,
Spikeyfront required for this style?
I want to achive this style (but with less gel):
[Image: mens.jpg]

Do I need to order a Spikeyfront for this style or will a regular freestyle do fine?

If I choose a spikeyfront, can the front hair also go down when I want it to? When I'm home at the weekend, I like to keep the hair down.
04-05-2009, 03:11 AM,
Re: Spikeyfront required for this style?
At the moment I have a regular freestyle TL500 of 65% but not yet attached.

While browsing the old forum I ran across this picture. This is exactly my problem, my situation is even worse. When I attach just the front tip to style it I notice that the hairs on the front row of my "front" wont go up. They go out all kind of ways except up, a bit like this picture:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d65/Ei...age019.jpg

Is this because I need to have it fully attached or is it better to go with a spikey front to achive the style in the post above?
04-05-2009, 05:41 AM,
yeah I know the problem your talking about. I get that too. Sometimes its because the hair root close to the knot is stuck in adhesive. what i do is i try to grab single hairs with my fingers and pull them up and back. Sometimes ull feel it unsticking to the base/glue. You do that with the unruly hairs.. Then u can always wet the front hair comb it up and back while u lightly blow dry it while combing it back and up.

One thing that also helps. When you detach your system and shampoo it etc. while the hair is still damp try to comb the hairs back. so it drys in that position. I pin mine on a Styrofoam head sometimes and then style the hair while its still wet/damp. then cover it with a bag or something and let it try . that way when its time to attach I already have the it styled roughly the way i want. less fuss. One last tip. i think it helps to leave a little extra lace in the front hairline when it comes to combing your hair back. For some reason it helps. Perhaps not as much hairs get caught in the glue that way and u have more leverage and not tugging on the very edge of the piece.
04-06-2009, 09:16 AM,
Thanks for the advice Xeon! I'm going to try it out in the next couple of days.

I still wonder if a spikeyfront can go down if I want it to. Anyone?
04-07-2009, 10:04 PM,
eupe124 Wrote:Thanks for the advice Xeon! I'm going to try it out in the next couple of days.

I still wonder if a spikeyfront can go down if I want it to. Anyone?

Yes. To be honest I don't think the ventilation makes much of a difference, it's how you dry it and style it.

I sometimes leave my piece upsidedown to dry, with the hair at the front combed back and pushed under the unit. Even a "non-spikey" piece will now have a spiky front. You can actually change the ventilation IMO.

And yes, similarly if you wash the piece and comb all the hair down when it's wet, you will now have a combdown ventilation, and it will stay like that.

It's all about styling the front while wet!
04-08-2009, 05:54 AM,
Yeah I have found that kust a regular freestyle ventilation will allow you to accomplish just about any style you want. It's all about how you style the hair and like Mr Burns said, if you style it while its still damp you can pretty much make it do whatever you want.
04-08-2009, 07:42 AM,
Okay thanks alot fellas!