Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my brother is losing his hair
04-05-2009, 08:20 AM,
my brother is losing his hair
I called my brother who lives 1300 miles away to wish him a happy birthday last night and he happened to mention that he is losing his hair. I began losing mine at age 22 and have been wearing since age 23 or 24. He is 46 and is 3 years older than me. He had all kinds of questions for me...and although he knew I had some procedure done years and years ago for hairloss, we never have talked about it before- nobody brings it up and neither have I. When he said he was losing his hair rather briskly, I said "Yeah, well I lost mine 20 years ago!" to which he replied "You have done a great job to conceal it for all this time- it has looked good" He is not the type that would ever have the patience or money for hair systems but I did recomment Avodart to see if he can arrest his before it gets worse.

Genetics are strange sometimes...20+ years he was spared the hairloss!
04-07-2009, 10:10 PM,
Re: my brother is losing his hair
Yeah, that really is interesting man! Sometimes you think "that guy got lucky", but even those with a thick head of hair in their 40s can start to go bald in the 50s! Very weird...

I also thought my hairloss would be the same as my dads, but it looks like my sides are getting lighter already (20s) while he kept his sides pretty well all through his 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s... so you can never really tell!

I have three nephews now, and I'm pretty sure that at least one of them will probably end up with the baldness! God help them... (but they have me to help!).