Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
base with poly cutting question for Debbie
02-19-2010, 02:03 AM,
base with poly cutting question for Debbie
Hi Debbie or anyone who may know.
My base is swiss lace with poly side back - it is too big (7x9 and should be 6x8 I guess).
I need to cut it down and don´t know if its better to cut the poly off or cut the front.
the knots are bleached all over and it is too long (front to back) side to side is ok.
No I can not send it back as I have had it cut etc.
Thanks for any advice.
02-19-2010, 02:31 AM,
Re: base with poly cutting question for Debbie
Michael,
You don't want to cut the front. It's the easiest thing to do but please don't. The front is graduated so that the density gradually increases from the front hairline going backward. That's the way real hair typically grows. If you cut the front you'll cut off the graduation and you'll have the 'doll's hair' look. That's a sure tipoff that you're wearing hair. All of our orders from the factory have a graduated front for realism unless the customer specifies 'non-graduated front' on his order. We have a few younger guys that pull off a non-graduated front and it works for them. Mr. Burns is one of them that pulls off the look with great realism. But it's not for everyone.
Regards,
John
02-19-2010, 09:26 PM,
Hi John, thanks for the answer. So cutting the poly from the sides and back should be okay then. I just want to make sure it won´t fray.
M.
02-20-2010, 01:38 AM,
Michael,
Yes, you can cut the poly. It won't fray.
Regards,
John