Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relentless Heat - Glue Or Tape !!
04-16-2009, 08:55 AM,
Relentless Heat - Glue Or Tape !!
A new frontier for me .. Leaving the cold climes of
NYC for the equatorial heat of SE Asia on Saturday ....

Tomorrow I redo my piece .... Tips Gentlemen
are appreciated... What will give me the strongest
hold in relentless heat ... Sweating like a pig for
hours outside ...

Glue ... or Tape .....

I will be away for two weeks.

Appreciate your replies ASAP ....

I visit my stylist in the morning .....
Saturday ... I leave an extraordinarily, cold
NYC winter (first in a very very long time) ...
for weather where I'll be on simmer and steam ..
and I sweat a lot from the top of my dome ..

All serious replies appreciated ....
The rest are tolerated Smile
04-16-2009, 10:21 AM,
Re: Relentless Heat - Glue Or Tape !!
When visiting a foreign country, stick with what you know as most as possible. There will be enough to take into account when you are in a totally different country. If you always work with tapes then keep it with tapes. You may want a tape which is better for the climate in SE Asia.
04-16-2009, 11:23 AM,
Blue lace tape on the piece, with a thin coat of tight grip blue on the scalp. Your skin will have to be ripped off before that piece goes anywhere.

Sam
04-16-2009, 02:10 PM,
Sester Wrote:Blue lace tape on the piece, with a thin coat of tight grip blue on the scalp. Your skin will have to be ripped off before that piece goes anywhere.

Sam

I think Di Di has the Blue Tape ... I hope
Thanks ....
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM,
Count mate,

why don't you just ditch these salons and do it yourself..? you don't need them.

Sam
04-17-2009, 03:27 AM,
Count,

I was curious if you made the full time switch to glue and how that worked out for you. I like the idea of a flusher fit with glue but have not tried it yet.
Any one else prefer glue to tape for an active lifestyle and why?
04-17-2009, 06:06 PM,
I like the idea of a flusher fit with glue but have not tried it yet.

Wiggy mate, what do u mean a flusher fit? I use tape, st 30 and blue tape, its totally secure mate,

Sam
04-17-2009, 09:31 PM,
Count,

I live in India and it's about 37 degrees celsius here now. Nothing works like ST30(Atleast on my skin)

Just dnt get any hold with glue, be it Ultra Hold, Farrel's Blue and some other brand which in cant recollect now.

The only trouble i have is with the front lace which require daily touch up.Rest of the piece is secure for atleast a week, though i exercise everyday and tend to sweat a lot
04-18-2009, 03:15 AM,
Sam,

With my piece I use tape and it is really secure. But I understand that glue is thinner so the fit to the head would be closer with never a ridge from just the thickness of tape.

But, from my experience with tape only, clean up is super fast.
04-19-2009, 06:20 AM,
The biggest bitch with heat is when you attach the system. Sometimes I have trouble in the summer, even with the blue lace tape. If your scalp has any sweat on it, the tapes simply will not stick. it is very important to have a dry scalp when you attach, and then after about 20 mins or so you can sweat all you want with the blue tape. But it needs to be attached good the first time and have a little time for the adhesives to dry. This can be tricky if your in a place where you cannot stop sweating, Then u get nervous because ur tapes arent working that makes u sweat more, and its a very shitty and frustrating cycle. I say this because i had to attach once in a place with no air conditioning, and it was like mission impossible lol Couldnt stop sweating.