Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FULL CAP JROB
04-19-2009, 05:14 AM,
FULL CAP JROB
Hey Jrob I am just wondering what a typical weekly routine is for you ? How much time do you spend ? How often do you attach ? How many touch ups do you usually do ? thanks
04-19-2009, 05:30 AM,
Re: FULL CAP JROB
j1224 Wrote:Hey Jrob I am just wondering what a typical weekly routine is for you ? How much time do you spend ? How often do you attach ? How many touch ups do you usually do ? thanks

I am probably not typical because my skin won't allow me to wear for more than about 4 days.

I used to get a lot of irritation until I realized that it was due to the lace sitting loosely on my scalp, so I started adding more tape on top and solved that particular issue, so I might start to do some more experimenting with tapes to get longer attachments.

Right now I would say that I spend about 45-60 minutes on a removal and full clean, and about 20 minutes to attach. A lot of this time could be reduced if glues and tapes didn't break down so much on me leaving such a mess. My time would also be reduced if I used higher densities and could attach without having to coat the tape with white glue to kill the shine.

Since I usually only go 4 days between attachments I don't have to do any touch ups. If you wear for longer you will probably have to touch up a couple of times a week. Also depends upon whether or not you expose hairline. I you go comb-down, it's much less critical.
04-19-2009, 06:10 AM,
Re: FULL CAP JROB
You know what I would do if i were you. If you use tapes to attach on the perimeter. I would simply just attach the tapes as is, and then use prothik spray to cover the perimeter of the unit. Then spray it with hair spray and come all of it through your hair. I do this for blending issues, hair color matching on the perimeter, and also to knock out the shine of the tape in certain areas. Then for the front you can use ur glue over tape technique.