Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hollywoodlace System
04-19-2009, 06:51 PM,
Hollywoodlace System
I did not do a great deal of research and purchased a system from Hollywoodlace, my next system will be from Toplace!!, my problem is i purchased a super fine swiss lace base and also purchased a non shine tape, this tape will just not attatch to the system very well , it takes ages to get my hair on. Is there a secret or have i got the wrong tape, i am sure there is a simple answer. Am i using the wrong tape, its meant to be extra hold 30/40 day use!!, oh i am in the UK.
04-20-2009, 04:13 AM,
Re: Hollywoodlace System
I am guessing this is the Walker no shine tape. You shouldn't have any problem. I apply the tape to the lace except at the hairline. If you are applying the tape to the lace then a firm press through the backing should be enough to get a good attachment.
At the hairline I apply the tape to the head and lower the lace onto this. To help secure it I use a comb lightly sprayed with alcohol and push the lace down onto the tape with this.
04-20-2009, 06:22 AM,
the last unit I got on a rush job...I too found that the tape would not stick to the lace..I washed it before the cut in and while it was being cut in.. the tape would not stick...It must me something to do with the lace or the new units...with the round threads going through...I have sent it to Debbie for a hair add and a few other things...so I will find out how the tape will stick when I get it back...it sticks to the head fine it's just the lace. Cheers
04-20-2009, 06:31 PM,
Try to clean absolutely all residue off the lace. My guess is you probably have already tried that. It certainly isn't where you bought the unit. This happens on rare occasions. I just had to clean it a few more times and then the tape stuck fine.
04-21-2009, 04:34 AM,
Thanks for the tip sprital...I did in fact wash it when I recieved it aprrox 3 times...before the cut in...i also noticed a lot of dye in the sink...and when I went to get it cut in..the hair was a lot lighter in color...and the hair on the unit itself was not very good quality...I have noticed that all my customs have had pretty good hair quality...but my stocks just seem to have a lot of spit ends...This could be becuase my customs I ordered straight hair and one less process for the hair to go through.Cheers
04-23-2009, 06:24 AM,
Thanks, tape is sticking no problem. I have the walker tape and also have boomerang. One other thing is is there a good stay in spray to help protect the colour fade as its getting sunny every day now.