Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very happy with straight hair... body wave a pain!
04-20-2009, 10:37 PM,
Very happy with straight hair... body wave a pain!
Not sure how many people are with me. When I first started with the men's hair club... the guy ordered body wave for me and insisted it is the best way to go. That's why when I start ordering at toplace I went with a bodywave also - what a mistake. The wave that came in (from the men's hair club or from toplace) never seems to match the wave of my natural hair... it create this awkward blending specially when my natural hair are long.

I have just received my latest piece from toplace - a straight hair... and I realize the blending is now sooooo much better.
It took me a year of finding this out, wish I could have found out earlier.
04-21-2009, 12:57 AM,
Re: Very happy with straight hair... body wave a pain!
I've heard from several customers that they felt that they were never really given a custom piece at the hair club. They felt they were given a stock piece and were told that it was a custom piece made especially for them. That may be why they insisted you go with a body wave--it's a stock spec. Anybody else have comments on this?
Regards,
John
04-21-2009, 03:23 AM,
Yes, I know I was always given a stock piece. But I have used a curl remover to get the wave out, seemed to work well.

Is a custom piece made better than a stock piece? I ordered a stock piece in order to get it fast. I am assuming they would be made with the same quality hair and made the same way. I need to figure out what things I want before I get the custom one next. I have had units from other places and sometimes they are good, sometimes they have things that are not right. I had a unit that seemed to have like a cowlick in them and sometimes they have a hair hump, it all seems like a gamble. Would ordering a custom unit assure none of these problems would arrise?
04-21-2009, 04:09 AM,
When I was with HCM they always ordered body wave for me. it didn't seem like a big deal because once it was cut short you couldn't tell. But yes, they did seem to push that "body wave" was the best way to go over straight when I asked. I only order straight with Toplace.
04-21-2009, 04:19 AM,
Straight hair is also subjected to one less step in the processing chain (perm).

I started ordering straight hair for my full caps because I wanted better quality hair, and it seems to help, but I think I'm going to go to bodywave. I think it's a little more realistic looking on me.
04-21-2009, 11:17 AM,
hairagain Wrote:Is a custom piece made better than a stock piece?

It will fit your head contour exactly and the edges / hairline will be right where you want them to be from the start. You can also specify custom colors and highlight details if you want to. In that way, yeah-- custom is better.

BTW- Even "straight" hair has a little bit of wave to it... it would look wierd if it didn't.