Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice (Pics inside)
04-21-2009, 11:02 AM,
Need advice (Pics inside)
I received my first piece a while ago and have been playing around with it a bit. I want to have a perfect match before I totally go for it.

On picture 1: you see the real deal. Its not edited.
On picture 2: you see an edited version. I'm working on a template to get my next order like this shape. Otherwise my temples would be too large.

My sides are thin and I feel that the top density (65% is too dense comparing with my sides). I'm planning to go for 60% for the next order.

Is there any advice you would give me?

Please note: The piece you see on the picture is non-attached! There is still hair under the piece.
04-21-2009, 11:28 AM,
Re: Need advice (Pics inside)
Until you do a real attachment and have it blended right, it's going to be tough to tell exactly what's going on.

Based on what you posted, the first pic actually looks better. Use what temples you've got and drop the density on the piece, maybe even more than 5%.
04-23-2009, 08:59 AM,
The main point is, the above poster is correct, the cut of the piece hair does not blend.

Add "wings" like your second pic, and make the density there 4% less than the rest.

Trust me on this, I did the same thing and it's working out great.
04-23-2009, 09:32 AM,
Tapehead & Snipe, thanks for the advice.

Snipe, I agree, I saw your topics about the side wings and it inspired me to do the same.
04-23-2009, 05:37 PM,
if you seen how i blend in those flaps with my temple hair u would be pretty amazed. I need to take a picture of it, i have been getting very good and blending this area in with temple flaps. U really need to pluck hairs out by hand to thin out the density in that area, and u have to cut some of the hairs with thinning shears as well. U gotta keep fiddling with this area till you get it right. And i have learned not to be afraid about cutting the hairs very short in that area as well.
04-23-2009, 11:19 PM,
Xeon, I would really like to see those pictures! Smile