Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Full cap wearers
04-21-2009, 07:12 PM,
Questions for Full cap wearers
I'm also about to make a full cap template to see which works out best.

- Since its my first piece; I'm afraid it will be too much of a struggle at once. But going for a topper first doesnt seem to be a good solution either. I just want to go with one solution. How much harder is a full cap for a newbie?

- How short can you trim the sides of a full cap? I noticed most like JRob have it longer then those who wear toppers. Could you have it like 0.5 inch short?

Thanks alot!
04-22-2009, 03:52 AM,
Re: Questions for Full cap wearers
I've just ordered my first full cap as well. JROB who wears one, says there isn't really much more into wearing a full cap vs a topper. He said it's easier because you don't have to match your existing hair. The obvious thing is removing and applying will take slightly longer than a topper.
04-22-2009, 02:56 PM,
Re: Questions for Full cap wearers
eupe124 Wrote:I'm also about to make a full cap template to see which works out best.

- Since its my first piece; I'm afraid it will be too much of a struggle at once. But going for a topper first doesnt seem to be a good solution either. I just want to go with one solution. How much harder is a full cap for a newbie?

- How short can you trim the sides of a full cap? I noticed most like JRob have it longer then those who wear toppers. Could you have it like 0.5 inch short?

Thanks alot!

With a full cap some things are easier, some are a little more difficult.

It is easier since there is no color/texture/density to match. This is huge for newbies since you have several less things to worry about with the specs and pretty much any stylist can cut it in.

It is a little more difficult to attach (and takes a little more time) but to be honest with you I find it MUCH easier to get a full cap attached straight. I always had minor issues with getting my topper on just right. With my particular full cap attachment I start at the back tacking it down with tape at the nape, then the rest of the unit pretty much falls into place if you roll it up on your head carefully.

As far as length goes, the shortest part of my current unit is little more than stubble. This is above and behind the ears in less critical areas, but Dino has gone very short on the sides on his with great results. I don't see any problem with .5", but I wouldn't go crazy with your first unit. The shorter it is the more accurate everything has to be and you are better off keeping at least .75-1 inch on the top to start with unless you are REALLY confident in your ability to nail your template.

Speaking of first unit, make sure it is all lace and err on the large side with your template, especially in non-critical areas such as the sideburns, above the ears, and at the nape. You can always cut material off if it's too big.