Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
full cap style with pics
04-22-2009, 05:54 AM,
full cap style with pics
what would be the specs on these type of styles in full caps be ? I mainly need to know the density and ventilation type. would 80% be to much ? would these looks be classified as forward ventilation with spikey front ? How do you determine ventilation and density of the sides and back ?

Attached Files Image(s)

04-22-2009, 02:33 PM,
Re: full cap style with pics
I'm not an expert on higher densities but I would guess 70-75% all the way around.

As far as ventilation goes I would just order forward vent. My current units are all forward vent and will easily spike up exactly like you see in the pictures with a little wax.

Keep in mind that if you want sideburns (especially like in the first pic) you will have to use your own. The bonus to this is that if you don't mind leaving a little hair it will increase the realism of the unit.
04-22-2009, 05:34 PM,
I'd do 80%-85%. You can't even see through the hair, and that's usually what I go with and that's how it looks spiked up.
04-23-2009, 04:50 AM,
What about for the sides and back do will they just fall down like the hair in the pics ? is ventilation only for the top of the unit ?
04-23-2009, 05:28 AM,
Never ventured into density that high before, but I have had units come back with higher than ordered density and I would be careful about going that high with a full cap. Remember, you have not only the top to deal with but also the sides. Thick hair can be spiked up on the top, but on the sides it can get kind of squirrely when it's thick cause it has nowhere to go when you try to brush it down. Plan on using a lot of styling product to control that much hair.

That's why I said 70-75%. I was actually being conservative but I think that would be prudent on the first unit just to get your bearings. Then you can increase it a bit on subsequent units if so desired.
04-23-2009, 06:21 AM,
What are we referring to when we say "Ventilation"?
04-23-2009, 08:45 AM,
When I opened this thread and started seeing the top hair, I thought it was a pic of my piece until I saw the rest of the dude. lol

See my pics, I can nail that style...