Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
suggestions of removing odor of lace?
02-21-2010, 05:22 AM,
suggestions of removing odor of lace?
any good suggestions of removing odor of lace?

I have been extremely careful when shampooing my system, usually shampooing the hair only and only rainse my lace with water.
I figure there are some odor with the base all the time, although not alot, I would love to have those odor completely removed everytime i take it off.
02-21-2010, 06:58 AM,
Re: suggestions of removing odor of lace?
Emery,
How often are you removing your unit the clean your scalp and reattaching?
John
02-21-2010, 01:35 PM,
After I started using 'Got2beGlued spiking gel', the following has become a nearly daily ritual for me.

I get in the shower and let the piece get wet and start to loosen. After removing the piece, I remove the remaining bits of the spiking gel with water and maybe a little bit of lathered shampoo. Every two days, I then shampoo the hair, followed by conditioner. The other days, I just use conditioner, as it is kinder to the hair.

Get a really good shampoo, preferably the type for colored hair. I use the Fudge Color Saver shampoo and the same conditioner.

Washing and re-attaching that often may wear the hair out a little faster, but your hair wil always smell shampoo fresh. None of us want to be that guy with the funny smelling hair, and to me, that is worth a little extra money.
02-22-2010, 04:21 AM,
Hi - I completely remove my unit weekly, but i only shampoo the hair not the base afraid of damaging the knots. any ideas?
02-23-2010, 04:58 PM,
emery Wrote:Hi - I completely remove my unit weekly, but i only shampoo the hair not the base afraid of damaging the knots. any ideas?

Shampoos that are made for hair replacement (not all of them that are sold to hair replacement customers are specialized formulas) will not damage the knots. The most important part of the hairpiece you need to be shampooing is the base. That is where all of the oils (and bacteria) build up that cause odor. It is possible that you might actually be doing more damage to the hair by NOT washing the knots. Personally I wouldn't want to take the chance of having a build up of bacteria that could potentially weaken the hair.....

I shampoo twice each time I wash, one time to remove the oils from the base, the second time to actually work the shampoo down through the base to cleanse the hair. No problems with odor or shedding.
02-24-2010, 04:39 AM,
do you soke or rub your base during shampoo?
i dont think i will ever want to rub my base with shampoo
02-26-2010, 05:49 AM,
Put alcohol in a big bowl, and soak the base for 5 minutes. Any bacteria is dead & gone, shampoo can't do that.