Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help..colour WAY OFF
04-24-2009, 10:16 PM,
help..colour WAY OFF
So i have waited 10 weeks for my unit, and it finally turned up today

All is well, the density, the base etc but the colour is WAY off. I mean my hair is dark brown and this thing is black. I sent in some good samples, so i don't know what could have happened.

What should i do, send it back and wait another 10 weeks? Would they just dye the thing at the factory, maybe i could do it myself? Wouldn't dyeing the hair again, make it weaker?

Shall i just wash it a few times, see if it lightens up? people do talk of washing the hair a few times before attaching, is this the reason?

Thanks guys
04-24-2009, 10:45 PM,
Re: help..colour WAY OFF
Just contact Toplace. If you really need a system asap they should be able to get a stock out to you. You will need to send the problem hair system back to them for colouring though, and it shouldn't take 10 weeks, but it will need to go back to the factory I'd say.
04-25-2009, 01:06 AM,
Contact Debbie right away and maybe it can be corrected.
04-25-2009, 04:09 AM,
I always feel they look too dark when NEW. Does it match your back and sides? If it is closer to you always darker back and sides, I would just have the top front lightened a bit. When they are washed, cut it and ATTACHED, they look different....
  • [/list:u]
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM,
Thanks for the replys

One of the reasons is my hair has maybe 3 or 4 different shades, i thought a custom colour order was that they select different shades to match. It has come back one huge solid black, which is not what my hair is.

If you want different shades in the hair - do you have to tell them this?

I'm going to dye my own hair black, going to have to make it a 'feature' - but it's no way ideal

I would love a toplace colour wheel for future reference
04-27-2009, 04:10 AM,
kite_boy Wrote:Thanks for the replys

One of the reasons is my hair has maybe 3 or 4 different shades, i thought a custom colour order was that they select different shades to match. It has come back one huge solid black, which is not what my hair is.

If you want different shades in the hair - do you have to tell them this?

I'm going to dye my own hair black, going to have to make it a 'feature' - but it's no way ideal

I would love a toplace colour wheel for future reference

Get John to send you a colour ring mate, Also check colour outside in sunlight.
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM,
kite-boy,

Very seldom does the factory get the color wrong. I'm not saying they're perfect but they usually get it right. There are basically two reasons why the color may appear off:

Quote:One of the reasons is my hair has maybe 3 or 4 different shades, i thought a custom colour order was that they select different shades to match. It has come back one huge solid black, which is not what my hair is.

If you have several different shades in your hair color than a good sized sample is necessary. Just a small sample will not cover the spectrum of all the colors.

Also, if your own hair sample is dry and unconditioned than it appears 'dull' and therefore looks lighter than the hair on the new unit. Add to this the color overtones that are not apparent to the untrained eye and you can see why it's best to leave color selection to the factory. Just make sure that your sample is large enough to cover all the shades in your hair.
Regards,
John
04-28-2009, 04:47 AM,
I did send a huge sample...anyway

What do you think would be best, dye my own hair black, or lighten the piece a little

This is the colour of the piece

[Image: 1-.jpg]

This is the colour of my own hair

[Image: 2-.jpg]

If i was to dye the black hair to a dark brown, what's the best method for this?

Surely a high street brown hair dye would be enough just to lift the black a bit?

I don't want to get into bleaching
04-28-2009, 07:23 AM,
Kite_Boy...........here are a couple of things to try:

Here in the USA.......at Walgreens Drug Store we can purchase a temporary hair color that shampoo's out whenever you want to remove. I use it with great results ! Simply apply to the ends of the unit, maybe a couple of inches up from the tips, and carry down into your natural hair. Hit it with hair spray to lock it in.
The instant product rinses in and shampoos out ! The name on the bottle is "fanci-full" I bet you can find something similar in your location.

Second suggestion is to use a spray on hair color............"TOPSOL CHROMOTONE......SOMETIMES, SEE IT ON EBAY. Otherwise do a search! I have used the chromo hair color spray as needed for over 30 yrs!! Also sold at another toupee supplier here in the states, but I hesitate to name on this forum, out of respect for BA forum.

Good Luck !!........... Big Grin

johnny/abq

addresses on fanci-full bottle:

COLOMER U.S.A.,
JACKSONVILLE ,FLORIDA32254

also..........

COLOMER B.P.P.,
ARAGO 499
BARCELONA, SPAIN
04-28-2009, 08:23 AM,
Kite-boy

I know when the color is off it seems bad. If the other things are good (texture, density, hairline), then adjusting the color is not to tricky. My color was 2 light and I darkened the unit. Yours is the opposite, but you know these things do fade, perhaps putting it on a head form by a window will knock it down? I know there is a solution to this problem that should not cause any stress. is the blend to you sides and back ok? If not, making your hair a little darker should work, because eventually the color will fade on the piece and your hair. I am sure someone here can give you a better answer than myself.