Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did your family or friends notice?
04-25-2009, 11:21 AM,
Did your family or friends notice?
When you decided to wear, did others around you notice? Or were you able to keep it private somehow?
In the beginning I'd rather keep it to myself that I'm doing this, so I'm rather nervous about what peoples reactions will be. How can I explain why it looks so "different?"
I'm just having a hard time taking the dive cuz you just can't be sure what its gonna look like...
04-26-2009, 07:00 AM,
Re: Did your family or friends notice?
my honest answer, is no. No one has noticed.
04-26-2009, 08:14 AM,
My honest anwser would be no too, even my closest family refused to believe me when I told them that its a wig I am wearing.
04-27-2009, 10:43 AM,
Thats definitely reassuring to hear. Its just that I live with some family so it makes it all the more...tense!
I mean, if you saw me you'd probably think I had about 60-70 percent density because I use concealer. The piece I ordered is about 60-65 so it may look like the same density, except with a better hairline.
Still, its scary. No way to know exactly how different its gonna look...
deep breaths, deep breaths...
04-27-2009, 11:22 AM,
Hi Closer2Free
please do share ur experience with us, when u wear ur piece. I will be very anxious to hear about ur experience.
04-28-2009, 12:32 PM,
Yes, my family noticed and commented how terrific I looked. I got had a couple "cougar" aunts (by marriage), who always thought I was handsome as a full head O hair kid, go nuts - they couldn't believe it.
Note: I was typical MPB, no concealer capabilites down the middle to work with.

Here's something to help with your nerves - EQUALITY. If you can name 5 women in your circle of friends/family that don't use make up or color their hair or wear fake this that or the other thing...........you must have alot of nuns in the family! So to hell with being hung up, EVERYBODY does something to enhance/promote their appearance, so no worries
05-01-2009, 01:29 AM,
Closer2Free Wrote:Thats definitely reassuring to hear. Its just that I live with some family so it makes it all the more...tense!
I mean, if you saw me you'd probably think I had about 60-70 percent density because I use concealer. The piece I ordered is about 60-65 so it may look like the same density, except with a better hairline.
Still, its scary. No way to know exactly how different its gonna look...
deep breaths, deep breaths...

I did the same thing as you and I had concealers also, NOBODY noticed! They just thought I looked younger and thought I was slimmer hehe...

Nobody should notice. You're not going from no hair to hair, are you? Use some gel - they will just think you've tried a new style!
05-01-2009, 07:59 AM,
but how did everyone make the transition go smoothly? dont you need to shave your head bald to get the measurement first?
05-01-2009, 11:41 AM,
One time before finding toplace I had bought a "All Lace " from a local guy. He said I was lucky because only special people
have this.I wrote him a check with low fundsin the account and told him I would deposit more the next day.He said no problem.
I knew ZERO about lace units or anything else for that matter about hair.I was drinking that day so my mind was foggy at best.
He had all the people who worked for him tell me how great I look and to bad I was married or they would date me.I was feeling like
a million dollars as I was driving home with my top secert lace unit,again,I was a lucky person.
My kids,young back then,saw me walking up the stairs and started laughing at how I looked! They thought it was a joke.
Lets just say that check never cleared.
05-01-2009, 11:44 PM,
I was, as they say, a "slaphead" at work on Friday and a I had a full head of hair at work on Monday. I got it out of the way all at once. I also worked in a retail showroom filled with spotlights everywhere. Some people stared at my head briefly trying to figure it out and others asked if I had implants over the weekend. Prior to that, my very first day wearing was at a wedding reception on the previous Saturday. You are going to be self conscious every time you see somebody that you know, so my theory was to get it out of the way with the biggest group of people and put the fears behind me. You will be as uncomfortable with one person as with one hundred. Every day since has been a cakewalk The biggest fear is that you might be humiliated by somebody rude enough to do so if they know. The worst comment that I got was, "you look different, but it looks good". Don't live in the land of "What ifs", just do it and enjoy.
Zap