Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
advice?
04-28-2009, 03:06 PM,
advice?
Hi, fellas. I'm 39 years old and have been agonizing over my thinning hair over the past two and a half years. My frontal area has been thinning more and more, and it's getting harder for me to style it every morning. It's only a matter of time before I won't have enough hair to properly style. This has seriously affected how I feel about myself. I feel very old-looking and unattractive. My confidence level is in the gutter. I'm always so self-conscious and stressed out over it, I'm at my wits end. I'm seriously looking into the possibility of hair replacement at some point. Do I have to shave my head to make a template? I'm clueless as to where to begin. I live in Los Angeles and would like to use a stylist to perhaps take care of everything, but not sure how it works. Any advice?
04-28-2009, 06:02 PM,
Re: advice?
You dont have to shave your head to make a template, just trace out where you are thinning. It is smart to shave the hair once you receive the unit. Research this board and the old board there is pages that will help you emmensly.
04-28-2009, 11:36 PM,
If you're totally new, the best thing would be to learn as much as you can online here and then start looking for a good stylist who will work with hair that you order yourself (some of them only work with hair that they, or their salon order due to the big markup). You may be able to make the template and order on your own, but some training and pro help with your haircutting once it arrives will be the best way to go.
04-29-2009, 12:33 AM,
Iagree, you need to find a place that will do the cut in and fitting and adjustments for you because you are new to this.

I hear and feel you pain over this. I think a lot of us went through the steps of being able to style around thinnig hair, then it gets harder and harder and eventually, you either be bald or you do what we have done and replace it. We all hope things work out for you
05-02-2009, 12:40 AM,
hey ajv, Iknow this is against what a lot of the guys may tell you but I just went ahead and ordered a stock piece as close a color match as I could. I did this because I had never seen or fealt a HS before and wanted to get idea just by plonking it on my head what it would sort of look like, once I did this I just went for it. There have been teething problems, reds, overuse of hairspray, the paranioa of people looking at me etc. But Ive kinda got to thinkin balls to it Im happier with hair even if some of its not mine, and my wife is fine with it so nuts to everyone else. Just as long as it looks good you should get a real confidence boost

best of luck Smile
05-02-2009, 06:07 AM,
Many thanks for the comments, fellas. Your helpful advice and support is greatly appreciated.