Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was petrified
05-09-2009, 12:41 PM,
I was petrified
I walked in a walgreens down town chicago today. The security monitor displayed the top of my head and to my amazement I have a big bold spot on top of my head. I was aware of the receeding hair line, but omg. . .It's happening quicker than I thought.
I'm thinking of getting a sfs custom lace but it will take too much time.
Should I get a custom instead and try to trim it to my specs? My color is like a 1B(dark brown).
Guyz, Does this really work? Is it undetectable and easy to maintain?

I really want to address my hair loss issue. A transplant would not be the route I wish to pursue. There is no real guarantee and lets face it, its a surgical procedure that may leave me scared for good.

Do you remember the day when you really decided to take the plunge?
05-10-2009, 03:40 AM,
Re: I was petrified
You could get a stock unit from BA and trim the base to fit the area needed. You will look like Moe Howard until you get to a stylist and have it cut/shaped to your liking. You can mess with cutting it yourself later, but if you want the quickest fix that will look good...use a stylist. They can see the top and back of your head. When I first looked at this forum several years ago I questioned if all of the people on it was the work one guy using different identities to scam me out of $200. Not the case here. These are the most real, caring people that you will ever hand your hard earned cash to in a business environment. If you are creative and trust yourself to the simple task of cutting the unit and attaching it to your head, I offer the above suggestion.

Take care,
Zap
05-10-2009, 08:03 AM,
Thanks for your encouraging words.
My recession is at the crown and hairline. My temples are still pretty good.
Should I get a partial or go all the way for a full cap?
Since my color is 1B(ish). . .Dark brown, should i get a blonde unit and color it or should I just order a unit with my hair color and try to bleach the knots?
05-10-2009, 12:02 PM,
After you receive your hairpiece, if that's the route you decide to go, there is a hair stylist in downtown Chicago, Maria, who could do your cut-in.
She is in either the Hilton or the Hyatt downtown, so it would be close for you.

Tina