Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
London based NEWBIE - Desperate for help starting out...
05-02-2009, 06:46 AM,
London based NEWBIE - Desperate for help starting out...
Hi guys,

Total newbie here. I live in London UK. I’ve never worn hair before but keep hearing great things about Toplace... REALLY need help and advice....

I’m a 27 year old guy - I started losing hair about 4 years ago to the top of my scalp. Strangely, I still have a hairline in the original place but it’s now thinning all over the top. It’s really affecting my confidence as all my friends and everyone else my age still seems to have a full head of hair... I guess a lot of you have experience of how this feels.... It’s totally heartbreaking when people make jokes / comments - hmmm, if only they knew! Anyway, I’ve tried every lotion and potion known to man and now I’m turning to this as I need something that can guarantee results...

Anyway, perhaps you guys could answer some questions for me;

I recently shaved my hair very short due to my hairloss. How long will I have to grow it out before I can wear a system? What is the shortest style you can have without it being noticeable? Is it worth considering a full cap system in the interim?

I really want a fairly short ‘choppy’ style as this suits me best. Is this possible?

How comfortable are they to wear? I don’t sweat much but I don’t want to feel like i’m wearing a wig! We all known England isn’t known for unbearable heat but I don’t want to be in discomfort...

Are they undetectable by sight? The pics I’ve seen on the website look fantastic - what are peoples experiences? Do you guys have total confidence and forget you’re wearing?

I want to wear something I don’t have to remove more than once a week and something I can sleep in. Is this possible? What are the best methods of attachment?

Are they easy to maintain and style like your own hair? I don’t want to put myself in a position where i’m getting up at 4 in the morning before work to start a routine....

Most importantly, is there anyone in London / UK that could cut in a hair system brought from Toplace? Even better, is there anyone I could go to that would be able to attach, remove and maintain the system for me until I got the confidence to do it myself? I know there is a place local to me called the Nu Style hair centre and somewhere else called Foreverhair that might be able to help but I don’t know if they maintain systems not brought from them... Any recommendations / contacts?

Also, I heard there may be a convention in Birmingham, is it worth going?

I’m sure you’ve all heard these questions a million times before but if you could help me, I’d REALLY appreciate it....
05-02-2009, 07:03 AM,
Re: London based NEWBIE - Desperate for help starting out...
why dont you come to the UK convention and then decide??. Its free anyway.
05-02-2009, 01:43 PM,
is it worth going? of course it is and it's free!!!
I am not familiar with the other salon you mentioned but Joanna at forever hair is wonderful. she sometimes comes to the conventions. there is absolutely NO SALES PITCH and NO OBLIGATION at the conventions and they are FREE so of course its worth going. come and meet us and see for yourself. we would love to have you!
DebbieS.
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.splitendshairreplacement.com">www.splitendshairreplacement.com</a><!-- w -->
05-03-2009, 03:52 AM,
Forever Hair is owned by Joanna and she cuts a lot of Toplace pieces in and she is also going to try and make the convention on May 23rd in Birmingham.

Try and make it mate it will be well worth your while.
05-03-2009, 09:50 PM,
Thanks so much guys - it's great to know there is support out there!

Sadly, I can't make the convention - i'm going to be in America on the 23rd!!!!

I am gonna try and make an order though - I've posted a question, so if you guys can help answer it, I'd much appreciate it!...

X