Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSB and thinnest skin units
05-03-2009, 05:27 AM,
PSB and thinnest skin units
AFter seeing the video of Maykell (llekyam) a week ago, I decided to pull out my old PSB unit I had bought a long time ago. I had ruined that unit quickly from a bad cut in so I didn't get to wear it for long. I needed to remind myself of why I never ordered another PSB unit and decided to stick with all lace. I put it on and it looks great with the hair covering the hairline. It is extremely easy to get a great hold using the Got2B products and clean up is very fast and easy with those products. I honestly don't know if the unit is knotted or injected, but the hair is in there strong. It kind of looks like bleached knots but there is a tiny tiny "line" where the "knot" is. (So is that injected or knotted?) The look of the hair coming from the scalp is natural enough if you're not extremely anal. It is a little hotter but not too hot for wearing to the beach. In fact, it would work great in the ocean because the sand would not stick to the glue line like it would on a lace front. So why did I not re-order PSB? Probably because I was afraid of change. Lace units had always served me pretty well so I didn't want to fix what wasn't broken. And also, there is a very slightly less natural feel to the touch with the psb unit than with lace. Back in those days that was important to me. But that's not as important to me these days. Maybe I'll go back to PSB?? WIth a full cap like I now wear, I don't know if the thinnest skin is ideal. Maybe too fragile? Anyone else still wearing skin units? I don't hear much about anything but lace lately (except for Maykell, ALbuquerque Johnny, and Xeon).
05-03-2009, 06:02 AM,
Re: PSB and thinnest skin units
You know what dino. I always used to grab samples of everything, and I never was impressed with any skin samples. They always looked like plastic or something on my skin. But i have to admit BA was right. Until you get a system and attach it with glue to your scalp, you wont know as well. Now the thin skin units seem pretty nice to me. I just wouldnt like it for the reason u mentioned above with the heat. So i figure why not get a lace center and skin perimeter? that way you can have both.
05-03-2009, 06:43 AM,
Yeah Dino I'm with you I love PSB because of the way it is so easy to put on. The first PSB topper I got I was able to attach the first day straight out without any glue whatsover not even GOT2BEGLUED, I still had not discovered it. When I put the piece on my head right after shaving it just stuck there like a suction cup. I went to work like that for like 3 weeks with no problem. I would use the gOT2BEGlue to style my hair and hairpiece but not to attach. Eventually from using the spray I started to see how sticky GOT2BEGLUED freeze spray was and I sprayed some on my hands and pressed them together and let it dry. I was amazed at how hard it was to get my hands apart then I knew it would be great to use on skin units. I remember that when I posted about GOT2BEGLUED in the old forum at first evryone thought I was crazy, But I traveled the world with just my GOT2BEGLUED spray can and never had to worry about going thru customs with glue or glue remover, or alcohol. Just a simple hairspray. As far as the new skin I prefer to use PSB because it is stronger and you can have injected hair and on the new thinner skin John told me it could only be knotted, and when I got a unit with them i did not like the way it looked.
05-04-2009, 01:13 AM,
Quote:So i figure why not get a lace center and skin perimeter? that way you can have both.

For years I would order lace bases with PSB/skin perimeters. Yes, there are some strong advantages of such a combination. But ultimately, I gave up on lace/skin combination bases after problems with the ventilation coming out different with the 2 materials. Also, I need the hair to be shortest where the perimeter would be, and then you are in danger of being busted by people who see the contrasting base materials right next to each other.