Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fullcap q's
02-26-2010, 04:56 AM,
Fullcap q's
I am thinking of going to a full cap. You're to blame partially JRob. I am in my early 20's. I have a little temple recession. I thought about getting temple flaps to fix this issue. But I find that I am a little paranoid about the colouring, and difference in texture between the piece and my real hair. If a breeze comes along it's going to flap my real hair all over the place and leave the hair on the wig in one place. Also my real hair tends to get wet and the piece stays drier when I exercise. I can't see any way of solving these issues. I know for the most part, people wouldn't notice. But it plays on my mind. I don't want these things. I want my hair to look great. I think maybe it'd be best to get everything out of the way and go for a fullcap.

I have made my first template. It's a work in process. I am trying to decide how far I should bring the temples forward? How much curve I should put in them? What denisty should they be? Also how much more difficult is attachement with a full cap? I am thinking of making the template go around my ears and have the nape the same shape as a contour for easy attachement.

I am also thinking of venting the temples forward.

Here is what I was aiming for as a haircut (except the sides swept forwad). And with the same temples.
[Image: 2008-01-07-0leo.jpg]

I'd like to have a nice high hairline. My face looks quite young. And I will be going for dark blonde hair with blonde highlights. Do you guys think it would be wise to have temple points like leo a piece? I see guys like Clooney and Pitt have high temple points and they are alot older than me. With this in mind I thought in my early 20's I could have blonde hair with nice temple points.

Any suggestions with the template would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
02-26-2010, 01:10 PM,
Re: Fullcap q's
I would get the temples ventilated back and DOWN.

And yes, any amount of curve in the temple, will make a HUGE improvement. Don't make it too sharp, but curved.
02-28-2010, 12:19 PM,
while I like this style, for your first full cap I would go with a style where little lace is showing. When you first start attaching your full cap it is awkward and to have all the lace showing, even on the temples isn't smart in my eyes. Practice on your first system with getting the lace nice and smooth then you can start getting braver with the styles. This is my second full cap and I now expose the hairline but my first one I didn't at all. It is just harder as you have more material to make sure is attached right but trust me, after about 6 weeks you will start getting it bang on!! Good luck mate
03-01-2010, 06:02 AM,
Maybe Mr. Burns can give some advice on the temples.....you out there Mr. Burns?
03-01-2010, 11:47 AM,
Your fullcap looks great by the way Tunners. I still want to try that style. It's close to the one I have at the moment. I can't drastically change the length of the hair without drawing too much attention. Even with that length I can still gel the front forward to hide the hairline incase I feel uncertain about the attachements. Infact, that's why I was thinking of venting the sides forward. What denisty do people think I should I opt for on the sides?
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM,
hairhat Wrote:I am thinking of going to a full cap. You're to blame partially JRob. I am in my early 20's.

It still surprises me a little that the majority of interest in full caps comes from guys who are in the beginning stages of baldness. I switched due to the fact that I my side hair was nearly non-existent. You younger guys have good side hair but you are still gung-ho on the idea of a full cap...

As long as you are fully informed as to the drawbacks that are associated with wearing a full cap, I say "go for it". There is definitely something about the psychological aspect of a full cap that is more appealing than a partial unit. I understand, because I have been through it myself.

Quote:I have a little temple recession. I thought about getting temple flaps to fix this issue. But I find that I am a little paranoid about the colouring, and difference in texture between the piece and my real hair. If a breeze comes along it's going to flap my real hair all over the place and leave the hair on the wig in one place. Also my real hair tends to get wet and the piece stays drier when I exercise. I can't see any way of solving these issues. I know for the most part, people wouldn't notice. But it plays on my mind. I don't want these things. I want my hair to look great. I think maybe it'd be best to get everything out of the way and go for a fullcap.[/quote}

These are some of the main benefits to wearing a full cap. No matching, no blending....it's all uniform. The main issue is getting proper ventilation. Even if it isn't 100% perfect, there are ways to cheat it, but a properly ventilated unit will make your life 1000x easier.

Quote:I have made my first template. It's a work in process. I am trying to decide how far I should bring the temples forward? How much curve I should put in them? What denisty should they be? Also how much more difficult is attachement with a full cap? I am thinking of making the template go around my ears and have the nape the same shape as a contour for easy attachement.

The shape of the temples and hairline are entirely subjective, Keep the density reasonable on your first order, You can always increase it in the future.

Attachment is a bit more time consuming but it is not difficult. My Full Cap DVD will be available in the coming months and explains a simple method for attaching a full cap which you can use as a basis for developing your own attachment method.

Quote:I am also thinking of venting the temples forward.

The factories tend to do this as a default. As Spartan mentioned, the temples should ideally be vented back and down. The style you choose will also dictate the best style of ventilation, of course. If you plan to always style with the temples forward with a medium length style, you might want to have the unit made that way.

Quote:I'd like to have a nice high hairline. My face looks quite young. And I will be going for dark blonde hair with blonde highlights. Do you guys think it would be wise to have temple points like leo a piece? I see guys like Clooney and Pitt have high temple points and they are alot older than me. With this in mind I thought in my early 20's I could have blonde hair with nice temple points.

Totally depends upon your facial structure. It will probably end up being a trial and error thing. Take your best guess and revise subsequent orders accordingly.

Quote:Any suggestions with the template would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Tape some plastic wrap to your head, trim off the excess and add more tape as appropriate until you achieve the desired shape. That's about it. Good luck.