Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is the secret?
05-04-2009, 10:29 AM,
What is the secret?
I have tried everything to get a good blend. I have tried my best with razor combs and thinning shears and used ADF to blend the color but in SUNLIGHT, I loose the battle. I have colored my hair and the piece with the same dye at the same time but in the SUNLIGHT, I can see where one starts and the other begins. Maybe its just me, maybe I am crazy. What is the secret to getting the hair to blend in SUNLIGHT. I am tired of shying from the sun......Please give me your experience.
05-05-2009, 12:56 AM,
Re: What is the secret?
A few tips for blending....

1. Order the right density. Many guys are still ordering too much hair.

2. Order the right color. It really should not be necessary to routinely color your own hair to match a piece. Get the initial color right from the factory.

3. Get your cut-ins and haircuts from an experienced pro stylist.

4. Learn how to place the piece exactly right on your head (If you follow 1-3 above, this last point will be critical for getting a good blend every day).
05-05-2009, 01:47 AM,
Thank you, they are all very valid points. My problem is usually with COLOR. I have to dye my own hair because of alopecia, a condition that the hair falls out in patches and grows back WHITE, it takes years to settle doen and regain natural color. I dye my hair and the piece but they dye differently. I can't get em to match right. DOes anyone know what I suspect is that the hair pice can dye at a different rate than your own hair?
05-05-2009, 03:55 AM,
i agree with tapehead
05-05-2009, 06:01 AM,
I agree with Tapehead too but my situation is that the color is always an issue. I don't WANT to dye my hair but when it grows back in after falling out in a new patch it grows back WHITE, not grey, santa clause white.
Does anyone else feel that your own hair and the piece dye differently?
05-05-2009, 08:59 AM,
The hairpiece definitely grabs the color more quickly than your own hair so you have to experiment to get it right. Sunlight is very unforgiving when trying to mask any color differences.
05-05-2009, 10:27 AM,
I'm happy to say that I haven't had to worry about color issues for over a year now.

Full caps are awesome Wink
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM,
Yes, you are a unique situation and will have to deal with some coloring from time to time.

For most, however, color matching and maintenance should not be as difficult as some here make it out to be.

hairagain Wrote:Does anyone else feel that your own hair and the piece dye differently?

Yes, they do. My suggestion is to find someone with experience and let them help you deal with this for awhile as you can learn.

The best thing to do is learn how to color your own hair only and then order the pieces to match that result in the future.
05-05-2009, 11:52 AM,
I fell better knowing that my hair and the piece taking color at differet rates may be the problem I am having. As far as a professional, I have NEVER had the professionals get it right, I can get the color closer than any one of them has EVER gotten so for now, I will train myself. When I went to many places, they let me leave with color that was not acceptable but I did not know this till I got home and checked it myself,they said it looked grat but I was not even OK. I can't see the back of my head but they sure can and I am pissed that ALL OF THEM let me leave that way.

As far as a full cap, It is reassuring to know JRob that it is now big deal, and when I need to switch to it, I will be simple

I use the excess pieces that came with a stock unit and used units to test the coloring. If a hair dye sais to leave on for lets say 10 minutes, would you cut the time in half for the piece? Also, i read here that some order a unit in blonde and then dye it to match their own hair, how do they overcome the color matching trick that is giving me a hard time?
05-05-2009, 12:24 PM,
Heres is a super trick that will work.Get some DermaMatch to match you color.What you have to do is fade the two colors into one.
Use the 4 inch foam roller I taked about in another post and get a can of GotToBe Glued freeze spray.Use the GTBG to wet the foam roller and then get some
DermaMatch on it and start playing around on blending.Sooner or later you are going to get it spot on.Buy me a drink in the future.Good luck