Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
01-28-2010, 12:52 PM,
Re: Got too itchy with Walker's tape in 3 days.. help~
MPB,
I'm sorry to hear that. I guess your dermatologist has given you the best and most professional answer --'it will probably be fine.' How long do you want to attach for? Did you remove properly and allow the lace release/alcohol to breakdown the adhesive? Walker No Shine is a strong tape and can last for over 2 weeks on most people. If you want to attach for a shorter period of time you might want to try No Residue tape. Like any tape or glue, it's good to try a 'test patch' first.
Regards,
John
01-28-2010, 02:57 PM,
Most of the time, it is due to getting moisture trapped underneath the tape. to give an example, for us girls, we get artificial nails put on, if ANY moisture at all gets sealed under that false nail....instant infection!! to try and avoid this, make sure the skin in very clean and very dry before applying anything to it. for now, I'd give it a break from any tape in the area that is irritated to be on the safe side.
DebbieS.
01-28-2010, 11:52 PM,
Thanks for the input guys and Debbie. I just have a hard time understanding how pulling tape off your head can "permanetly" damage the skin. To me it can't be any worse then a TCA or dermabrasioin which disrubts the superficial (outer layers) of the skin. It should heal eventually. Maybe thats what I did but i have been wearing over 20 years and never experienced anything like this before. My skin has gotten a lot more oily lately and I basically change the front tape everyday, leaving it off over night so I can properly clean the scalp. The "itch" is due to the oil.