Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding hair to your unit....any tips
05-07-2009, 10:38 AM,
Adding hair to your unit....any tips
Besides sending the piece out to get hair adds has anybody come across any home-made tricks that one can do to add some hair to a piece..for example using hair from another unit to transfer it the piece needing hair adds...I was thinking maybe trying to glue some hair on to the piece from the underside of the lace... Sad
05-07-2009, 10:42 AM,
Re: Adding hair to your unit....any tips
I have sewn/glued pieces on on the outside edges with success.

I think it depends on how much hair you are adding and where. I thought about sewing in a piece from the bottom, or even removing straggling hairs and attaching on top, but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.
05-07-2009, 12:34 PM,
JRob thats not a bad idea...although iam not sure exactly what you mean by gluing the hair...do you mean gluing the lace on top on the lace...iam wondering how long that would last though?
05-08-2009, 03:35 AM,
I have a piece that I attached a little extra piece of lace onto with a fabric glue.

It worked well to secure the two pieces of lace together, but it turned out stiff and detectable to touch. Good thing for me it was right above the ear where it isn't likely to be felt.

I'm thinking a softer, more pliable adhesive might work better. Something that is nice and flexible when it dries like the poly they use for hair units. I think ideally if it you are adding to lace you would sew the piece to the base, then use a tiny bit of glue to lock in the threads. My suturing skills are ok, but if I had the right kind of glue I think I could make a virtually undetectable AND nearly indestructible repair.