Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a very small piece
05-09-2009, 02:01 AM,
a very small piece
Hi
I wanted to ask a question about a very small piece that i need for my hair..
I had a hair transplant at the front and it was good. now i have started loosing hair behind my transplanted hair and i dont like it. This pic is a year old so the situation is a bit more worse then it looks here Smile. I have attached a pic over here. I was wondering that will be be possible for me to get a piece only for the area i have mentioned in my pic? will it look natural or not..
I will be coming to the convention as well..but any advice here is welcome..
Regards

Attached Files Image(s)

05-13-2009, 04:22 AM,
Re: a very small piece
How Old are you?
05-13-2009, 06:12 AM,
This is no problem mate, Any shape and size can be made, You just make a template to what you need.
05-13-2009, 06:58 AM,
I am 27...
The thing is that I am a lecturer and I teach to university students (bachelors)..so the nature of my job is that i am in front of lots of students Smile (lots of observing eyes Smile)....
Therefore my only concern is that it SHOULD NOT be noticeable otherwise it would be really embarrassing. As most of you guys wear a piece, therefore I need your opinion as to whether its a good idea, and whether it is as undetectable as I hear people saying it is on this website, because being undetectable is the thing I cannot compromise on Big Grin (i cannot afford that Smile, being in front of lots of students..i think i wont be able to do my job very well with students talking about my hair all the time)..i hope you guys understand..Smile..
I know there are lots of wearers who do not worry about others knowing about their hair piece and that is really great for them..i hope I had the same attitude towards wearing hair pieces, but i don't think I will be comfortable with that..that's just me...
any ways your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
05-13-2009, 08:36 AM,
Hi, previous wearer here getting into wearing again.
I'm not the one with the most wearing experience, but FWIW:
You have dark hair, and only need a small piece. That's good news for you. Dark hair means slower color fading (my biggest headache), and smaller piece means less blending to worry about.

The main thing is to make it look so good, that it's basically natural hair. That's possible, but can take some time and effort. If the hair looks really good and you don't act nervous, then it shouldn't matter what someone might suspect or think. I just think that if you want to fool 100% of the people around you 100% of the time, well that's a lofty goal which could lead to paranoia. That's not to say that a toplace piece can look completely natural. When I wore toplace units, people complemented "my" hair like "it's so healthy and full looking" etc.. But there were some less successful days too, of course. There will be "bad hairdays"..

I'm going to be teacher myself starting from Autumn, and I'm going to wear a fullsize topper again. So I definately get your dilemma, but a small piece should be quite discreet I think. Just don't get too much density.

Anyways.. I say, go for it! Smile
05-13-2009, 09:24 AM,
This raises a good point about hair transplants. Just when you think you've solved the problem......the problems grows bigger. Anyone considering a hair transplant should keep this in mind.
Regards,
John
05-14-2009, 02:40 AM,
It's very unvise for a doctor to suggest hairtransplant to a young person under 30. I had mine transplants done when I was 23 and I simply hate the doctors who adviced me. Hairloss stabilises at the age of aprox 30-35.
06-07-2009, 01:37 AM,
Hi guys..
I think I am going to order a small piece for my self...about the size that is shown in the picture above...There are few questions I need to ask before I order...
It would be great if some one can answer that..

1. will the hair piece blend well...or will it cause problems..e.g the hair piece color and direction is different from my own hair at the front...and thus not look very natural..in fact may look very odd

2. I want to have the piece rectangle shaped...as shown in the picture so that i can easily put tape on it..exactly right at the edges without problem..is rectangle shape ok..or do you guys foresee any trouble with that?..The hair piece will be in the center with my hair around it from the sides and the front..so the piece will always be between my own hair (thus not having an rectangle sides of front Smile)...I guess I am able to explain it well..

3. will there be any "noticeable" gap between my hair at the front or the hair piece..If i cut the lace exactly where the hair in the piece end..will that be sufficient not to have a gap?

4. How much will a piece like that cost..?

Thanx
06-07-2009, 03:16 AM,
i can't answer everything but i can tell you, that you won't be having any colour issues - period.

''direction is different from my own hair at the front...and thus not look very natural..in fact may look very odd'' Thats just retarded obviously you're going to style your hair so its not an issue.

2 Shape is not an issue, you can have a hairpiece shaped like a nike swoosh/tick and some people could pull off its realism off. Though it would look abit crap lol.

3 If its cut properly and fitted perfectly there will not be a gap.
06-07-2009, 08:27 AM,
Ok mate depends on the style your looking to achieve really cause with all your hair (and i seen at the convention) cant you just use some nanogen fibers????

If thats not your bag then yes you can put a small piece in there, as you know I use 2 small systems at the hairlines so I suppose you gonna find it a little tricky at first but you will get used to it. I suggest free style 60% with some curl in there (more than a stock piece which has body wave) as a suggestion on spec. As you want to use it to come from the hairline into the middle I suggest you state clearly on your template which part is the hairline as you will need some graduation in there from what i remember from seeing you hair otherwise it will not blend at the front. Finally you have a darker skin tone so knots shouldnt be an issue for you and suppose your lucky that you actual hair shaft is quite thick which will match that of the hair systems.

Hope this helps or even makes sense lol :?: