Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know Good Stylist in NC?
02-28-2010, 07:34 AM,
Know Good Stylist in NC?
I live in the Greensboro, NC Area.
The few "stylist" in my area are cheesy hair club types.
Before moving here in 07' I had had just started wearing a Toplace piece cut-in by Erin in NJ.
Great cut-in, but I had/have trouble attaching full lace by myself, fortunately I could run to her in a pinch, now I can't.

I have four all lace hairpieces, I am considering having perimeters put in them by Toplace, but I need somebody I can go to if there's a problem. Also, since I haven't worn a piece in 2 years there will be blending needed and cut-in down the road.

Raleigh and Charlotte are a bit of a drive, but not out of the question.
If anyone knows of a quality stylist that works with quality pieces from Toplace please let me know.
Or if you wear a topper and live in the area please give me a shout.

Thanks.

PS
Please, no advice on attaching full lace, even applications by Erin and Debbie start to detach within 24-48 hours.
Maybe it's my head shape, maybe my body chemistry? We've tried everything from Max Graft to Ultra Hold and lot's of others, nothing works and I can't do it anyway.
02-28-2010, 11:25 AM,
Re: Know Good Stylist in NC?
Hi Dolupi,
Here's a couple of stylists I had in the data base for your area:

North Carolina Lee Anne Williams
946 Montgomery Ave.
Albemarle, NC 28001
Phone: 704.986.2960

John M. Welchel
2309 Maple St.
Greensboro, NC 27405
Phone: 336.392.1115
02-28-2010, 01:11 PM,
Wow you have a data base, cool.
I'll check them out.

Thanks!
03-01-2010, 04:43 AM,
Dolupi--
I found one more but she's in SC:

Joan Robinson
Hair To Stay
100 Ashland Park Lane Suite D
Columbia, SC
(803)731-5370
03-01-2010, 06:31 AM,
Thanks.
I actually found Joan on the internet with good reviews. Unfortunately NC is a much bigger state than my home state of NJ. It's not like driving from Jersey to Delaware. It's more like driving from Jersey to CanadaSmile So that ain't gonna work.

Personally, I think Toplace should start a human cloning project. Clone a Debbie and Erin and put a pair in each congressional district (they'd get a lot more done than the politicansSmile.

Seriously, have you considered some kinda' of recruitment program. I've seen what Debbie and Erin do. If I were a cosmologist I'd rather do hairpieces than real hair. In a bad economy hair pieces wearers are less likely to cut out their hair needs than regular customers. I have a buddy who cuts women's and men's hair in an upscale place. Since the economy tanked all the ladies with the coloring, etc., where he made his good money, have cut back and now he's hurting. I've tried to suggest he give it a shot, but he thinks it something foreign, like leaning a new language. From what I can tell, if your a good cosmetologist, it's more like learning a few new procedures. If you can cut hair well and are willing to learn how to blend, make a template and gain an understanding of attachments, bases, densities and cleaning products... your golden. My friend could work out of his home, cut down (eliminate the need to "rent a chair" and even write off part of his mortgage as rent). In this area there's such a market for it because there aren't (other than the gentleman you listed in Greensboro who I'll contact this week) people that deal with non-Hair Club type "hair replacement".

Maybe I should go to cosmetology schoolSmile?

Thanks again.
03-02-2010, 07:02 AM,
Dolupi, please let me know how your experience went with the Greensboro hair dresser. I live in the Greensboro area and am about to receive my first piece in about 4 weeks. I was going to get my hair dresser of 12 years to help me cut it in (it's just a frontal piece with no hairline exposed) but if you have a great experience, I'll truly reconsider! Smile
03-02-2010, 09:53 AM,
Tried to contact the one in Greensboro today, wrong #?
03-03-2010, 07:55 AM,
dolupi Wrote:Tried to contact the one in Greensboro today, wrong #?

bummer mate, let me know if you find anyone. My current hair dresser is in Winston Salem, she's been cutting my hair for over ten years (wow?). I have just a frontal piece that will need shaping once it arrives and she has committed to doing it (I've never worn before). I can ask her if she knows anyone who specializes in cutting pieces in the Triad area if you'd like Smile
03-03-2010, 08:53 AM,
Hey, I live in Burlington...I contacted John (Michael) Welchel a couple of years ago..he works at Great Clips off Wendover or did back then. I talked to him a few times. He was always very friendly and said he would be glad to help with attachments and haircuts but everytime he said he would call me after work he never would. Finally I got tired of bothering him so I had to find someone else. You can try calling him and if you do let me know what he says. His number is 336-854-1072...like I said this was 2 years ago.
03-04-2010, 02:07 AM,
Rod,
Thanks.
I tried John at Great Clips, he doesn't work there and the girl answering the phone was clueless.
located a local number doing a phone search, got a machine with no name so I left a message for a John re: toplace, styling and being a possible client w/ my first name and phone #. Didn't give my last name or get to specific because I'm not sure if I had the right person (the voice message was male, but gave no name).

Lee Ann Willimas # is disconnected.

This blows!