Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on a full cap
05-13-2009, 10:06 PM,
Need advice on a full cap
Hi all. I am an 18 year old with hair loss all over my head and am thinking about ordering a full cap soon with this style:

http://i44.tinypic.com/dpai34.jpg

But first I need advice on a few things.

- What style options should I go with for this piece? I'm new to all this so I really have no idea where to begin. A while ago, JRob recommended I go with an all French lace, 70% density, bodywave. I know I have to send a template and a hair sample, but can I enclose a photo with my order as well so they know exactly what I want? How does it all work?
- What would I have to do with the piece on a regular morning (i.e. a morning when I'm not cleaning the piece) to get it to look good? How long would this take?
- If I had a full cap with this style and I planned to take it off once a week for cleaning, what would be better to use for attachment, glue or tape?
- Roughly how long does it take for an order to ship to Australia? If any Australians are reading and could answer this it would be appreciated.

That's all I can think of for now, I'll let you know if any more questions come to mind.

Thanks
05-13-2009, 11:03 PM,
Re: Need advice on a full cap
Hey mate!!
I just received my full cap the other day, so it took exactly 3 months to get the order once they had my template, which is pretty good if you ask me Smile
I ordered 65% density, french lace, bodywave, color was sent in via hair sample.
65% density is pretty thick but not massively thick, i'm getting it cut in next week so i'll get some photo's up when done.

Good luck mate
05-14-2009, 10:54 PM,
Thanks for the reply dude, I look forward to seeing your photos. Where are you going to get it cut in? I don't know how I'm going to get my piece cut in yet.
05-15-2009, 04:55 PM,
Sean-

It's going to be hard for anyone to screw up the kind of full cap you are looking for. With that kind of style you can get away with a lot of mistakes.

I still say french lace, 70%, forward vent, bodywave curl. With that style you can probably easily get away with sending only measurements, although a template is always better. I don't think it can ever hurt sending a picture of what you are looking for.

As for adhesives...there are pros and cons to tapes and glues. Buy a little bit of everything and try it out for yourself, that's about all you can do. $100 should get you an excellent sampling of most of the popular tapes and glues.

Styling this thing will be a breeze. As long as you keep the hair in good condition all you will have to do in the morning is spritz it with some water or leave-in conditoner, muss it up, and go. 2 minutes tops.

Anxious to see the end result. Make sure you post pics when you get it finished.
05-17-2009, 04:03 PM,
Thanks. I will get my template sorted out soon, I send the template at the same time I place my order, right?

Two minutes for styling... that is going to be like a dream come true. In fact, that's about how long it used to take when I was 15. I can't wait till the day I can actually start wearing.

But I still have no idea where I'm going to get my piece cut in when I get it.
05-18-2009, 11:55 AM,
JRob,made template for 3/4 cap,does factory lay template on a mold,outline it,then stretch lace tight to conform to outline? Just wondering because I've had to put tape on template really thick(even though Inside of template lays pretty snug against scalp------From the outside, in crown area,I can still press the tape down alittle,but remember it's really heavily taped here.Going to make a big difference? I'm freakin man! Help please! Thanks!
05-21-2009, 07:22 PM,
Thanks for your help so far JRob, but I have another question, for you or anyone else who uses full caps.

Since the style I'm after is fairly simple and there will be no need to blend the wig hair with my natural hair, is it possible to get the piece styled or "cut in" by Toplace before they send it, so it would be ready to wear when it arrives? I only ask because I have absolutely no clue where I'm going to go to get it cut in once I already have it. I can't think of anywhere at all nearby that would do it. So if I'm missing something here, and what I'm asking for is impossible, then let me know. But I just thought I would check, because this seems to be the last obstacle I have to get around before I can wear, and if what I'm asking for can be done it would make things so much easier.
05-22-2009, 01:56 AM,
Sean Wrote:Thanks for your help so far JRob, but I have another question, for you or anyone else who uses full caps.

Since the style I'm after is fairly simple and there will be no need to blend the wig hair with my natural hair, is it possible to get the piece styled or "cut in" by Toplace before they send it, so it would be ready to wear when it arrives? I only ask because I have absolutely no clue where I'm going to go to get it cut in once I already have it. I can't think of anywhere at all nearby that would do it. So if I'm missing something here, and what I'm asking for is impossible, then let me know. But I just thought I would check, because this seems to be the last obstacle I have to get around before I can wear, and if what I'm asking for can be done it would make things so much easier.

You should read around some, especially Debbies website.
Yes, she does cut ins.

Smile
Fred
05-23-2009, 02:24 PM,
Ok, what kind of price would I be looking at for a cut in?
05-23-2009, 06:00 PM,
Sean Wrote:Ok, what kind of price would I be looking at for a cut in?

Drop Debbie a line and she'll answer all your questions.

Fred