Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got2B glued on sale until Tuesday March 9
03-01-2010, 05:05 PM,
Got2B glued on sale until Tuesday March 9
The sale might be different in different markets, but where I live Safeway (I think they own Vons and about 3 other grocery chains as well) is having a buy one/get one sale on 6oz tubes of Got2B at $5.79.

Considering a tube lasts me 6 weeks, and my cleanup is just showering, I just bought 6 months worth of attachment supplies for 11 bucks. I might go back tomorrow and stock up on more.
03-02-2010, 03:02 PM,
Re: Got2B glued on sale until Tuesday March 9
so does this stuff really work that well? it seems alot easier than tapes and glues would be, just wanna make sure im not gonna use this stuff and have my hair fall off :/
03-03-2010, 10:00 PM,
My personal opinion is that Got2B applied the right way is stronger than tapes and glues, but take that with a grain of salt because i have a full cap and the surface area covered is huge. I know nothing about strength tests on toppers.

One of my favorite parts about Got2b is that the attachment point is the entire surface of your head, so if you grab a chunk of hair, the only thing moving is the hair itself. With tapes and glues, the lace rises a fraction of an inch when you pull on the hair. Kind of a weird point, but the difference is noticeable.
03-04-2010, 12:45 PM,
I like gtb. I was getting rashes from the "hypo-allergenic" tapes I was using. After one day with tape, i would get a rash and the itching was maddening. I put on the GTB and its on in seconds. The whole process of putting on my topper takes less than 5 min compared to the ordeal with tape. I just take a shower and its gone. Holding time length is a whole different animal. The tape would last me for days to weeks depending on the tape. But all that was negated by the whole allergic reactions that developed. I don't shave my head, only put the GTB on the bald areas and the front hair line. I get a several day hold (sometimes the hairline needs touchups, but i don't wear my hair straight back more of a down and up)... Good stuff, no itching, no rashes and clean up is a breeze
03-04-2010, 01:28 PM,
Happy Gilmore...you're able to get the G2B to work on the nape??? Because of the flexing in that area, that's the area where the G2B always failed me. It wouldn't stick for 1 hour on the nape even though it worked great on the front hairline. And if I have to use strong tape on the nape, then I might as well use a stronger attachment on the rest..which is why I rarely use G2B anymore. What's your secret to using it on the nape?
03-04-2010, 05:39 PM,
you guys are crazy putting this on everyday - hello chemical city - yie !@

Ingredients:

Water (Aqua), VP/VA Copolymer, PVP, Vinyl Caprolactam/VP/Dimethylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Methacrylate Copolymer, Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol, Tricontanyl PVP, VP/DMAPA Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Steareth-21, Stearyl Alcohol, Corn Starch Modified, Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG-8 Beeswax, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Fragrance.
03-05-2010, 09:43 AM,
I've been using the stuff for office hours. You know, nothing strenuous like tackling, or fist-fighting going on here and it works fine.

But, if I leave the stuff on for a couple of days, I still get a gluey residue that sort of sticks to the lace. What do you guys use for removal, or do you have this problem?
03-05-2010, 10:58 AM,
dino: it doesnt work great on the nape. I have lots of length and density so I trimmed the lace up pretty high. When I had the lace lower it did have trouble sticking. I think mainly because it takes a few minutes to fully dry and your nape moves while it is drying. When I had the lace lower and just pressed it on I would get about an hour also. Two solutions: 1) Use only a little in that area so it dries faster. Gives a hold of 4-6 hours. 2) Use a TON in that area, give it two minutes to tack up a bit, then hit it with a hairdryer. You know if its not fully dried yet because it will feel cool on your skin. This gives a 20-30 hour hold.

destro: all I know is that when I used tapes I had nasty rashes, dead skin crusting up, odors, secretion, occasional infection. With Got2b my skin has never felt better. No rashes, no noticable side effects. It like not attaching at all.

knockahoma: Got2B softens significantly over the course of a few minutes. If you try to get it all out immediately you will have a heck of a time. Instead, soak your head as soon as you get in the shower, then actually remove it and cleanup at the end of your shower. Comes right off.
03-06-2010, 12:36 PM,
Destro,

Please post the ingredients in the tapes and glues...lol
03-07-2010, 08:07 AM,
Amen, Happy Gilmore =)