Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leave-in conditioners?
05-16-2009, 12:52 PM,
Leave-in conditioners?
I'm going on a "wild camping tour" that will last about 5 or 6 days. My usual attachment is 7 or 8 days in a row, so that won't be a problem. However, as there ain't no possibilities of having a shower, I cannot do my every-second-day shower routine where I usually shampoo, rinse, condition and rinse the wig hair on my head.

If I wouldn't do that every 48 hours (like I did the past 18 months that I've been wearing till today) the hair would quickly run dry Sad

So, I'm now looking for some "conditioner" or softener that I can leave in my hair without having a shower nearby. For the shortness of time till my trip, I don't think I'll be able to get something from Debbie till then (would be shipping to Germany, and last time it was fetched by our custom office)... but I have some "Pretty Slick" left here... will that be good/enough for my purpose?

If I should go for a local drugstore (for NORMAL hair, not wig hair) what kind of product should I ask for?
05-16-2009, 01:31 PM,
Re: Leave-in conditioners?
I use Nioxin Bliss Thermal Protectant Leave in Conditioner. Its great.
05-16-2009, 05:44 PM,
a tiny bit of jojoba oil and some biolage leave in conditioner?

I would think that a little goes a long way. I have much longer hair, but it does work really well for me . .
05-16-2009, 09:59 PM,
Oh yes, I forget to mention that I have long hair, too... (about 10-11 inches), medium wave, brown.

...if that matters anyhow in this respect
05-17-2009, 12:13 AM,
I have been on a similar camping trip. I just used some pretti slick everyday.
05-17-2009, 04:30 AM,
Pretty Slick is a great product. I use Infusion 23 mixed half and half with distilled water before every attachment and after every shampoo. It's a product that has been around for decades.