Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting adhesive out of hair
05-18-2009, 04:36 AM,
Getting adhesive out of hair
Hi guys. I've been wearing for a number of years. I started with a Farrell unit that had a lace front and PSB around the sides. I attached with white glue at the font and red tape on the psb. I also put a layer of a product called Be Sure down on my scalp to keep the tape bonded longer.

The reason I mention this is that I have yet to get as simple or as effective an attachment as I did then. Farrell stopped making that particular glue and I can't find Be Sure anymore.

For the lace front I'm currently using Walker No Shine for most of it and Ultra Hold for the edge. Last time I attached I used the blue lace roll for the PSB perimeter. Holy crap. I had read to be careful not to leave the blue tape attached too long. No kidding. This is a mess. Not only have I got oily sticky hair on the system now, my natural hair's all sticky and clumped together too.

I tried using the Pure solution and combing it through. I let it sit with conditioner in it for awhile. It still feels terrible.

Obviously the lesson here is remove the system and clean it earlier. But are there any tips for getting my hair clean of this gunk?

I'm frustrated as hell. I've had such great units from TopLace and I just cannot seem to nail the attachment or the clean up.
05-18-2009, 05:01 AM,
Re: Getting adhesive out of hair
De-solvit it will melt the glue if you leave it to soak.

For attachment it is more than likely your scalp oil breaking down the bond, I find it better putting a barrier on the scalp first this doubles my hold time when using glue. I use this on the scalp first :

[Image: NewSkin1.JPG]
05-18-2009, 12:55 PM,
Re: Getting adhesive out of hair
Any of the adhesive removers massaged deeply into the hair should do. The key is to work the chemical into the hair separating the strands. Once you do that it should shampoo out easily.