Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how realistic are they?
05-22-2009, 02:32 AM,
how realistic are they?
i have been researching hair pieces for about a month now and i am not sure how undetectable some off these hairpieces are,
i see some and think wow that is fantastic then i will see someone else and it looks bad,there are a number off people on this site that look great and this encourages me but there are others that look bad,i really want to start wearing a hairpiece but i feel what is the point if it don,t look good.Also it seems the lace at the front is always popping up on peoples hairsystyms ,i mean that is a dead give away or the color is off,i really want to start wearing by the end of the year but i am terrfied at the moment,i just want to look like i used to and this seems the only way possible i still have loads of hair left but i am diffusing in a norwood 5 patterrn and to me looks real bad ,would this cause a problem with attachement.

There just seems so many negatives to this hairwearing experince,is there anyone who can put my mind at rest and say.

hairwearing is a lot off work but very much worth it and you will feel bettter
05-22-2009, 05:21 AM,
Re: how realistic are they?
How a hair system looks, really depends on the person. If you have no sense at all, then you will throw a mop on your head and think you look good. As long as YOU know what looks good and what doesn't you will be fine. Hair systems could be a lot of work, but after time, they workload gets less once you get the hang of what you are doing and things become second nature. Plus there are methods of making the work even less. Some people attach with only tapes, or even got2bglued products and attachment and removal could be minutes. A lot of times people want really long bonds, They slap it on their head and want to wear it as long as possible, they take showers everyday, and sooner or later you lace starts to lift in the front. But i do not wear for weeks at a time, So i have not had this problem much.
05-22-2009, 07:24 AM,
It is absolutely possible to create the illusion of having your real hair to the extent that no one could really tell just by looking at you.

Nonetheless, different people have different levels of success in creating the illusion due to (mainly) trying to do too much on their own without help from a good stylist (at least at the beginning) and, let's face it--- different people have different ability levels when it comes to working with their hair (real or otherwise). Also, like Xeon wrote- time and experience really helps a lot.
05-22-2009, 11:15 AM,
"time and experience really helps a lot"
well that is true for most of the things in life BUT..the question that arise is .... if the case is that in first few months it will be difficult for a wearer to do every thing perfectly and after few months it will get better....does this mean that in first few months people will be able to tell that its a piece and after few months no body will be able to tell..?
if that's the case then being undetectable is not a very good argument as every body will already know before you get expert in hiding from people who already know Smile...
Any way I am coming to the UK convention and I think it will be great to meet people and discuss these issues with them..I think toplace is doing a great job by having these conventions...