Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Psychology of Wearing
05-27-2009, 06:37 AM,
Re: The Psychology of Wearing
Sester Wrote:Yes MAte, i cut the lace almost right up to the hairline, leaving only a very little..maybe half the width of a pencil. thats my personal preference.

two more pics, 1 very short style, one thicker non graduated hairline, both showing hairline. Again you dont have to, but...IMHO it would serve you better in your initial phase of wearing.

Best of luck

Sam

Wow, I'm impressed with that second pic you posted Sam, didn't know you could get pieces that had hair that short, I'm assuming that it's just a topper - your temples don't seem to have receeded much at all and I wouldn't have thought you could get that 'shaved sides' look with a full cap. Most bald men I'm guessing would need a small hair transplant to restore the sides for a look like that.
05-27-2009, 11:26 AM,
dave 83 mate

YEah both pics are toppers, no full cap. Actually my sides aren't too thick, just average, i use dermatch sometimes. My temples arent too bad. Both pics were cut by me, just bit by bit till i liked it. I really believe thats the only way u can be free and happy in the long run. Also all my pieces are stocks. I HIGHLY suggest that anyone who can do away with custom and just order stocks, DO it. I can get a hairpiece within 10 days at anytime of the year. Beat that.

Sam
05-27-2009, 12:40 PM,
lol i can get a hairpiece in a 5 minute walk because BA's neice who sends out the toplace uk delivery lives down the road from me apperantly, well thats what ba told me. Beat THAT Tongue
05-27-2009, 01:07 PM,
Danger 89

You would still need to wait about 8 weeks or more to get a custom unit though, regardless how close you live to her mate. Tongue

Sam
05-28-2009, 07:43 AM,
Cheers for the info Sam, it's amazing to see what's possible.
05-28-2009, 11:01 AM,
Dave83 no problem mate,. We all need some help.

Dino wrote "It helped me to come to the belief that I am allowed to deceive others about this very personal issue."

ohh...Dino..Dino...Dino..Mate, we need to have a beer and a chat...I cant understand for the life of me why some people think by wearing hair your deceiving others and doing dishonest thing....

MAte, if you have a skin graft, would you feel compelled to tell ppl, hang on thats not my skin right there.

Heart transplant, "darling i love you...oh hang on.. but its not my heart thats saying it"

Having a new tooth or teeth replaced, "you like my smile guys.. oh but hang on..its not my nice smile.. a few teeth belong to modern technology"

Mary:BA your a good looking lad...love your height too"
BA: oh yeah...ah..umm..sorry Mary cant take credit for that.. the heels on my shoes were made in china"

President Bush wife: oh i love your hairless back Mr president, especially in our intimate times"
President Bush: "oh...well..sorry honey... didnt mean to deceive you.. i actually get all that waxed out..the 'real' me is a hairy baboon"

Get my drift? There is nothing wrong with making yourself look better. You dont need to explain anything to anyone or feel bad bout anything., thats totally ridiculous. Perhaps to a long term girlfriend, but thats it. Its no ones business what u do with yourself. You know mate.. life is cruel.. the weak get crushed and the strong will just make it through..

Sam
05-28-2009, 05:37 PM,
Matthew
First of all, congratulations to you. I think you made the right move. You pics look just fine to me and ...in all honesty...I would be proud if I were you.

Just curious... Back when you had a full head of hair, were you self conscious after you got your hair cut, or when you tried a new style? I'm wondering if you are experiencing a similar rooted anxiety, but on a more acute level since now you are wearing a piece.

You mentioned you were in show business. Do you live in L.A? I do. Here in LA you see fake boobs, fake smiles, botoxed faces, implants of all shapes and sizes, stapled stomachs, facelifts etc everywhere you go... even the supermarket and always at the gym.

I betcha a lot of other people in "The Industry" go through different levels of anxiety at first when they make improvements to their appearance. Imagine how guys with new pieces must feel if they are usually hounded by papparazzi when they go out.

Let me ask you this. If your friends are the type of people who would make snide comments or judge you about the decision you've made, then perhaps they aren't really "friends" at all? I'm just throwing that out there to ponder.

As for your concerns about how wearing might affect your chances on the dating scene. here's a possible solution. Only go on dates with those people who've obviously had some type of "work done" already themselves. Then they have no grounds to be critical...and... you kinda have something in common.

If you live here in L.A. and want me to take a look in person, i'd be happy to give you constructive compliments and supportive suggestions. I don't wear yet...so you totally are ahead of me in taking the plunge.

Anyway, CONGRATS BUDDY and hang in there. There's no business like show business.
- Chris
05-28-2009, 08:58 PM,
here's a possible solution. Only go on dates with those people who've obviously had some type of "work done" already themselves. Then they have no grounds to be critical...and... you kinda have something in common.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You know I thought I have heard it all in life, and then I read this....Chris mate, dont know you, got nothing against you, but COMMON, are you being serious.......are you freakin for real....with advice like that, who can go wrong...

HOLY shite!!!....thats all I can say........im astounded....

Sam
05-28-2009, 09:46 PM,
Sam
Yes I was trying to add a bit of humor by saying that. So glad you caught it, Mate.
Wasnt trying to make light of his situation, by any means.
Just wanted to point out that in today's excessive cosmetic surgery/botox etc-crazed world, there's no reason you should feel ashamed of simply wearing a HP. Especially when it is done well.
- Chris
05-29-2009, 12:03 AM,
Alright musclebuzz, my bad, i didnt catch on to the humor, it just sounded quite serious. I was thinking nah... he cant be serious...

I wish you luck with your future hair wearing. Your at the right place mate. You will get all the info you need on practically every aspect of hair wearing here. The old forum is also a greeeeat source of info not to be overlooked.

Sam