Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Psychology of Wearing
05-23-2009, 05:44 PM,
Re: The Psychology of Wearing
Looks great! How much lace do you have on the front? or have you cut the lace almost down to the hairline?
05-23-2009, 06:09 PM,
Yes MAte, i cut the lace almost right up to the hairline, leaving only a very little..maybe half the width of a pencil. thats my personal preference.

two more pics, 1 very short style, one thicker non graduated hairline, both showing hairline. Again you dont have to, but...IMHO it would serve you better in your initial phase of wearing.

Best of luck

Sam

Attached Files Image(s)

05-23-2009, 07:16 PM,
Sester, just wondering what sort of attachment you use? Is that all tape? TAnd how often does the attachment last for? Thanks.
05-23-2009, 11:23 PM,
HI Snell,

Yes I use all tape. I was using st 30 for a long until it was unable to be supplied. Now im using blue liner tape, which is even stronger, but a mess to clean up.

st 30--- I got 3 weeks no probs, clean up was not too bad
blue liner----can get just as long or longer, but clean up is very messy

I like denser pieces, as I can pull it off. 75-80% density, so the tapes dont shine through for me, but it may on lighter densities.

hope that helps mate

Sam
05-24-2009, 08:41 AM,
you got nice eyes sesster.
05-24-2009, 11:15 AM,
thanks xeon, their just as fake as my hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
05-24-2009, 11:19 AM,
Sester Wrote:HI Snell,

Yes I use all tape. I was using st 30 for a long until it was unable to be supplied. Now im using blue liner tape, which is even stronger, but a mess to clean up.

st 30--- I got 3 weeks no probs, clean up was not too bad
blue liner----can get just as long or longer, but clean up is very messy

I like denser pieces, as I can pull it off. 75-80% density, so the tapes dont shine through for me, but it may on lighter densities.

hope that helps mate

Sam
Thanks for that. Yeah I think the higher densitites at a younger age are the way to go, about to start on my 73-75% one next monday. Just figuring out what attachment I will use- I am thinking all tape, seems the easiest. Do you ever use any glue with the tape?
05-24-2009, 11:48 AM,
Excellent pics of your piece Sam looks very natural...how long does your piece last you on average?
05-24-2009, 02:04 PM,
Snell: I use glue only to touch up the very very front of the piece, from time to time. IMHO a really really good glue to have is tight grip, I just used a Q Tip (cotton bud) and press it on the dabber of the glue to get some on then apply it to the very front of the piece, AFTER its already stuck on my head with the tape.

Phoenix: I alternate my pieces, but i would estimate i wear each one for about 3-4 months for best look. I know ppl can get 7 or more months, but it wont work for me. I want a certain style and density. so no more than 4 months for me.

hope that helps

Sam
05-25-2009, 10:42 AM,
Re: Nice Eyes
Sam

Are you wearing blue-tinted contact lenses then? I have been thinking about those. How long have you had them, and are they detectible to people up close to you?

Ted