Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Shower Tips (bonding loss)
05-23-2009, 08:49 AM,
Need Shower Tips (bonding loss)
I can't pass a single day without take a shower and that (shower) make it loss the bond at the frontline (Not the sides).
I don't sure why it happen because the front it's the only affected area. I tried all kind of tapes and Glue with the same result: severe loss of grip on the front line.
What i'm doing is not style my hair while it's still wet , then i can mantain my frontline without touch ups for 3 or 4 day.
Also i'm not sure if it is a newbie issue, or it's common and it require some tip to preserve the frontline.
I'll be glad with some advice about
05-23-2009, 10:14 AM,
Re: Need Shower Tips (bonding loss)
Hello Carabajo,

please mind "Uncle Donalds" post "invisibility and durability of different contour tapes?" from Sun May 17, 2009 8:18 pm as he describes
a similar problem.

Just an idea where this problem might come from (and why it does not appear on the sides): if you clean your "broad" brow / forehead while showering
and leave the foam on your forehead than there`s mich more soap that slowly "crawls" under the adhesive ( as compared to the smaller "coast" the sides
offer to the "crawling" foam ). And the cleaning agents for sure neutralize the adhesive.

Do you know what I mean ??? I guess not ( dont`t even know if I`m right, just crossed my mind).
Newbie with less written English skills tries to post a fancy comment...

Best regards Carsten
05-23-2009, 11:16 AM,
Heat + water + living skin are bad news for adhesives.

Try the common tapes and glues and if it doesn't work out well just change daily and put the piece on after you shower and cool down.........
05-24-2009, 12:05 AM,
Shower everyday but dont SHAMPOO everyday.
Rinse the hairpiece with COOL WATER. DO NOT TOWEL DRY LIKE REAL HAIR, but rather air dry or lightly dab excess moisture. Use a proper brush
05-24-2009, 04:32 PM,
i feel my scalp very dirty if i dont shampoo everyday
well used supertape all-around and have to shampoo, try using using colder-water (not too cold), and right, dont need to shampoo them
05-26-2009, 07:04 PM,
Thank you for the replies.

Well, it's clear that the shower it's a point. What i found strange is that the same adhesive that i use on the sides have a better resistance to the cleaning agents than the same adhesive but used at the front. May be it's matter to be more gentle with that area.
Also i remember a tip from MichiganBaldy about seal the front with got2beglued, during gym sessions.
I'll be trying all those tips to give to my frontal a life on 5 days without touch up's. as a goal.