Hello There, Guest! Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My first order.. some help and guidance needed (:
03-03-2010, 02:06 AM,
My first order.. some help and guidance needed (:
Hi everyone!

Next week's my 22th birthday and I've been suffering from hairloss since I turned 17. By now I've lost a good amount of my original hair and I've been absolutely devastated for years, which has led to severe depression among other things. No words can describe how happy and relieved I am now that I've found this site after trying Propecia and other things with no result. Thank you so much for offering this life changing solution for such an affordable price!

I'm pretty sure I've got what it takes to become a wearer, as I'm one of those guys who would do anything to look even slightly better and I don't mind spending 3 hours in front of the mirror on a daily basis if that's what it takes. And I've had rather thin hair all my life, and because of it I've never been able to choose a hairstyle that I really like, the thin hair always forced me to make compromises. So in more than one way a nice looking full cap is most likely gonna be a blessing. Smile And full cap is definitely the way to go in my case, as I've lost a lot of hair on the sides too, sadly.

But I would really need some help to get started with all this.. and to achieve my goal of being able to enjoy the spring and summer with nice hair on my head for the first time ever. So it would be really important to me that I get my first order right. All help is greatly appreciated! Smile

But before I go on to any other questions.. TopLace does offer full lace caps too, right? Judging from the website the company seems to be more focused on partial hair pieces, so that's why I'm asking, just to be sure.

Thanks and best regards
03-03-2010, 05:57 AM,
Re: My first order.. some help and guidance needed (:
Yes they sell full caps and people do wear them. But keep in mind that with full caps, it is slightly more work and a little harder because you have to attach the thing all around your head. The nape area of the neck is a problem spot for full caps. Some people leave some of their own fringe hair in that area to avoid the attachment of the nape problem. It might not be a huge problem, just a consideration and something guys with full caps talk about.

you learn by trying. You are young so you wont look obvious even when you make mistakes with density etc.
There is nothing really to it, You do the same things with a full cap you would with a partial when ordering. template, hair sample, density, hair direction etc.
03-03-2010, 03:03 PM,
Keeping some hair in the nape area would mean blending to some degree.. and that's something I'm trying to avoid. But thanks for the advice mate!

Are there any extra costs for full caps? I know Hollywood Lace charges 100$ extra for that.. but what about TopLace?

And what base is best suitable for a full cap, with a rather long hairstyle (no hairline will be showing)?

One more question concening full caps.. how exactly do I make a template? I've come across some instructions but they've all been about partial hairpiece templates.. If anyone knows of any good videos where it's shown how it's done, I'd be more than thankful if you cold post a link to it!

Thanks in advance!
03-05-2010, 01:11 AM,
Hey mate. I wear a full cap and it isn't as daunting as you may think. Regarding a template I did it with kitchen wrap and sticky tape, it is a little time consuming but well worth it. You can do it by measurements but then the temple points and hairline shape are left up to the person making it. Attaching is easy after a couple of times. Look up Jrob's website/blog, type it into google. There are instructions there. What I say to people going to a full cap is to try it with got2b glued gel so you get a feel for it and how to attach. Go for all french lace mate, your age around 70% density. Good luck fella
03-06-2010, 09:54 AM,
A full cap is about twice the size of a full cap for there's lots more work and material to it. Cost is $350 plus $20 S&H in the domestic USA. Many people have made the transition from topper to full cap and have said the full cap is easier because of no blending issues to contend with---both color and density. Tunners gave some good advice.
03-08-2010, 10:30 AM,
Just have a look at two posts by J Rob -- the last one on page 4 [bottom of page] and the first post [top] of page 5 --that should give you some ideas / confidence. Best wishes.
[Am thinking of going full cap eventually myself and so I read J Rob`s posts with great interest -- take a bow if you`re reading this J Rob !! ] Wink
03-08-2010, 05:09 PM,
I'm around, just been busy lately. I will be in the hair business full time within the next couple of weeks, so look for all kinds of great stuff real soon Wink Talked to John awhile back about doing some cross promotions with the hair products and maybe even something with the Full Cap DVD when it gets finished, so keep an eye open for that.

As for the full cap nape issue...for me it is no longer a problem area. I wrote up a blog post about how I solved my issues in that area awhile back. All you have to do is cut a saw-tooth pattern in the lace and attach with blue liner tape. The tooth pattern helps to break up the transition making it almost impossible to feel and the blue liner tape holds like a champ. Everyone's body is a little different so if the area where you attach is more prone to movement it might not work as well, but for me, this attachment method keeps the unit ROCK SOLID for the entire duration of my attachment.

I apologize to everyone who has been eagerly anticipating the Full Cap DVD. I have had to place it on hold several times for various reasons, but my production crew is doing a fantastic job and it is nearly complete. I have a few loose ends to tie up and then I plan to finish the final few shots/editing needed to finish it up. This is going to be a whole lot easier now that my entire work week is dedicated to hair Big Grin

I am also going to be starting a youtube channel in the near future where I plan to do some VERY interesting stuff. Stay tuned...
03-09-2010, 03:20 AM,
JRob, I'm looking to go fullcap in a few months...

I'm interested in that scalloping technique you talk about. Do the edges fray alot, when doing this?

Also, how many days do you currently wear for, before reattaching?
03-09-2010, 04:22 PM,
Spartan Wrote:JRob, I'm looking to go fullcap in a few months...

I'm interested in that scalloping technique you talk about. Do the edges fray alot, when doing this?

Also, how many days do you currently wear for, before reattaching?

The edges don't fray at all with french lace, and I pull the blue liner directly off of the lace after I remove without any alcohol whatsoever. Swiss would probably disintegrate....

I am thinking about experimenting with the sawtooth pattern (with a smaller notch) on the sides of my full cap as well. I use tape, and after a couple of days it becomes detectable to touch because of the hard edge of the tape and the hard edge of the lace.

With my mohawk and my gym regimen I am now having to remove about every 4-5 days. With a true full cap I can get a whole week.
03-10-2010, 01:27 AM,
Thank you SO much for your priceless advice, I'm feeling more and more positive about this whole Full Cap thing :) Such a relief to find so many nice fellas who are willing to help. That really cheers me up a whole lot, especially after getting dumped by my gf yesterday ;/ and even partly because of my hair situation. Pretty devastating..

I'm currently thinking about ordering a Full Cap stock unit, so I could have at least something to use before I eventually get my custom made. And with the prett long hairstyle I have in mind, I'm sure I'll be able to get at least decent results with it, or what do you think?

JRob, in just a few days I've become a huge fan and follower of your blog. I was really worried particulary about the area in the back of the neck, but thanks to your solution to the nape area problem I feel really confident now. Pretty sure it won't be that much of an issue. Your work is truly appreciated, keep it up! Can't wait for the DVD.